Raleigh 653 Castorama Replica (Finally got out on it)

Re: Raleigh 653 Castorama Replica (little update 9th May)

Frames now finished, as above I sent it back to Mark my painter to have a number plate hanger added and the pump peg removed.
To do so all the top tube decals had to come off so while I was having those done I had some extra Maxi Sport ones made up as well as the name of that little known Raleigh rider "Paul MACDONALD" :)
Also changed the position of the 653 sticker to give more of that team look and had the Shimano decal on the rear stay made instead of the Campagnolo Equipped ones.

And made the number plate.

Very please with it, just need to build it up now.

Hope you all like so far

Re: Raleigh 653 Castorama Replica (Ready to build 12th May)

Now that is really lush! so yeah!! i doo like it lots :cool: ..

Thanks guys, not sure about June Mont. I think I'm going to ride the Panasonic again as I have some new shorts coming :)

But I am going to take the actual team one with me.

That's another one finished and ready to ride. Well almost just need to get the rear wheel dished to the frame, for some reason its sitting a little over to the left even thou its a 126mm hub and so on. Oh and I need to add an Avocet.

Really pleased with it, it looks so so good out in the sun light.

Hope you all like

Re: Raleigh 653 Castorama Replica (Finished 20th May P5)

Love it mate :cool: it looks "Amazing" so i bet it goes some too when the rear wheel has been sorted so yes! i'm well jealous and looking forward to reading about it's maiden voyage when you've sorted the wheel ..

Re:

Wow :cool:

I must get some decals ordered from Del and work out how to touch up the cable guides on mine as they've all gone rusty!

Latest posts

Back