Raleigh 531c Luxe...now dressed in Ducati yellow.

Re:

I'm a big time stranger to these parts :shock: and came across this thread by accident and having Rode out with Carl a few weeks ago with Gloucester City Cycling Club and having been surrounded by Carbon frames I instantly recognised this old Bone of a Raleigh :LOL:
Always good to have someone else on an retro Rig and all was good until we stopped at a Tea shop in Malvern...... and then things took a turn for the Bizarre :shock:

Am I being a prude here but is locking your bike using Metal Handcuffs the norm for roadies

Fair play they appeared to work really well and stowed a little too neatly into his rear pocket, I just couldn't help thinking about the film Deliverance, and those immortal words "Squeal little piggy"

Guess it would be a boring world if we were all the same.... but some things are just wrong, even if they do make you smile :LOL:

That machine looks a real beauty especially now its back in its original livery. Looks much better ;)

Jamie

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":3knj9yxr said:
Am I being a prude here but is locking your bike using Metal Handcuffs the norm for roadies .........

.........Guess it would be a boring world if we were all the same.... but some things are just wrong, even if they do make you smile :LOL:
You comment on the handcuffs being all wrong and make no mention of that yellow mtb monstrosity...if ever a bike looked wrong, that is it

Back on topic, I had the identical Raleigh frame and it was the best race bike I've ever owned. It rode far better than the Mexico, Master and lots of frames I owned back then. Mine was built up with the first series 6400 shimano tricolour, 7 speed and weighed in at under 20lbs which was light back then

As built in the late 1980's, wore most of the kit out over 1000's of miles here, Spain and Lanzarote.

Attachments

• Raleigh_original_2.jpg
    Raleigh_original_2.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 244
Back