raleigh 531 vitesse 89/90 race frame 57cm t/t

going_downhill

Retro Guru
I came across an unridden Raleigh race frame that I believe to never have made it off the end of the production line. It had light surface rust but nothing more. I've had it professionally refurbished (light bead blast) and painted in a subtle glitter black paint. The finish is about as good as it gets. The fork I picked up from a local bike shop and I'm unsure of the brand but believe its from the same era and it has campagnolo stamped in the dropouts. It has a 57cm top tube and is 62cm centre to top. I was planning to build it, but I've enough projects on at the moment. Id like £200 posted for it as it sits but I'll listen to offers, just drop me a pm. Pics will be up shortly. Here are some pics of it before the refurb. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=326138&p=2440373#p2440373

Re:

That looks like a 531 frame to me. I think the Raleigh logo on the seat stays was reserved for 531 (and above) frames.

Looks lovely BTW. GLWS...

Re: Re:

Whoops, 531 it is. Don't know where I got 501 from..

trail-blazer":1od2auue said:
That looks like a 531 frame to me. I think the Raleigh logo on the seat stays was reserved for 531 (and above) frames.

Looks lovely BTW. GLWS...

Re:

I need this gone. £120 delivered. Pains me to lose money on it but I need the funds for my other builds. You won't be dissapointed, the paint finish is SO good I want to hang it on the wall!

Back