Rags To Riches - Off Road Toad Horny Toad

Re: Rags To Riches - Offroad Toad Horny Toad

Sometimes things can seem like they are'nt worth the effort, lost cause etc, now you have made the effort and looking at it now, i would say it was easily worth the effort :cool:

I kind of like the bike unpainted too :shock: is that wrong? have you decided on a colour yet? are you putting it back to original colour or going for something unique?

Just out of curiosity, do you know what actually happened to the bike, did it just break or was it run over or something :LOL: would have loved to have seen their faces when you took it in to be repaired though.

Great job

Mark

thotsonrepairs ... if Paul did the repair work, it should be good to go for the long haul!

Holy Moley! That's dedication to a bike Roy. Hope the repairs hold. While I never liked the Toad green, I think that frame deserves a Toad Green repaint.

Re:

Very nice and well worth the repair in my opinion, just for history's sake.

Jealous.com

Re:

Just shoot some clear coat over it as it is!

Maybe add the decals?

That bike shows history in real life! Looks amazing.

Re:

i'm confused on how the frame was repaired seeing the before/after pics. was the tubes welded back together or sections replaced???

Re:

RockiMtn":2kxrfx6u said:
i'm confused on how the frame was repaired seeing the before/after pics. was the tubes welded back together or sections replaced???

I'm with you there. When I saw the seat tube I was expecting a full seat tube replacement. It looks like a bit of magic dust was waved over the frame by Mr. Brodie.

Re:

Me three.

I can clearly see the break, where the lower bottle boss is:

file.php

But I can't see any join where it's been repaired:

file.php

And where the top tube meats the seat tube, and there's a big hole, it doesn't look like you could just clean it up and weld the two tubes back together.

phew, and here i thought it was just me missing the obvious with all these praises on it being repaired, but not a single person questioning how. :?

Perhaps a sleeve was inserted to add support, silvered, then sanded/polished to look seamless?
That's the only thing I can think of....

Back