R.I.P Bryncrug AKA Martin Evans

Dear Retro bike forum,

Martin's Funeral will be held at Redditch Crematorium (B97 6RR) on Friday 23rd May, with the service starting at 1145am. Following the service, we welcome you to join us to Celebrate Martin's life at Grafton Manor Hotel, Bromsgrove (B61 7HA). In lieu of flowers, should friends desire, donations can be made by cash or cheques at the service made payable to James Giles & Sons Ltd Client Account (reference: Martin *******-Evans on reverse of cheque) or if you wish to donate through an Online bank-transfer, please contact the funeral directors at james-giles@btconnect.com for account details. All donations will be equally divided to support Touchstones (a local charity for bereaved children who will be supporting Charlie in the near future) & The British Heart Foundation (specifically focusing on the clinical research of Sudden Arrhythmic Death Syndrome). Once again, thanks to all for the support & kind words. Gareth

Re:

Incredibly sad news indeed.

My thoughts are with his family.

Re:

Sad news indeed, my thoughts and sympathy go out to Martin's family & friends. I was only speaking to him a short while back and discussing single lever duel set-up braking, and sent him a few old levers across so he could experiment and tinker. I admired his positive attitude towards his single armed cycling and the trials and tribulations of his cycling exploits. I will be thinking of him and raising a glass on the 23rd and hope that all other Retrobikers will do the same, It's always sad to lose a member of the Retrobike Family.

Rest In Peace Martin, I'm pretty sure you will be still cycling the clouds (and falling off no doubt........)

I would like to say a BIG THANKS to Makster & xxnick1975 for the parts they sent me & also the kind comments & support in getting Martins bike ready for the funeral.
Also a BIG THANKS to charlieboy28 for his help & bagging some mint levers for me to retro fit. Which after lots of thought seem to be what Martin was after. Sorry I didn't get to chat more at the wake.
I will hopefully soon get a chance to take some photos of it to show of his grand design. Even thou there is some head scratching left in sorting out the stem brake cable wheel.that I can't find any where(so a steel peg had to do ).

I was also hoping that a ride later in the year could be arranged for maybe Cannock or the Forest of Dean in his memory.

Thanks again to every one who has passed on such kind comments for his family & friends it has meant alot.

Re:

A year ago today.
This forum has certainly been a lesser place without Martin, so I can only imagine how it's been for his family.
Just re-read his Overbury's 'Clockwork' build thread. What a top man!

Re: Re:

makster":2tr65giq said:
A year ago today.
This forum has certainly been a lesser place without Martin, so I can only imagine how it's been for his family.
Just re-read his Overbury's 'Clockwork' build thread. What a top man!
Totally agree.

Hope his family are holding up

Re:

I miss Martin's enthusiasm on here - he was a generous, friendly and helpful chap.

His last post on the forum....

Bryncrug72":3gwihld0 said:
I love this site :D

I believe his pride and joy was completed? I'd love to see the finished article

Back