R.I.P Bryncrug AKA Martin Evans

Re:

I can't find words…
I think about his familly, about his son…

Martin was 42 years young& for most of those years me & him spent playing in the mud!starting with Action man & ending up on mountain bikes ,when we got are first jobs.i remember the first & last race we did almost together. I never finished rebuilding my bike in the back of his van before the start so missed it & he decided to flattern the course for everybody by going over the handle bars big time& ended up pulling out with a bad back.but set backs was only some thing to slow him down, but not stop him. It's not so long ago he was digging holes in his local canal path with his Giro helmet, which he was still wearing! Some things never change & a small thing like a motorbike accident, wouldn't stop Martin. As posted earlier he rode to London from Gas street Birmingham over the last few years,last year being the first time he had been injury free to complete it ( apart from heat stroke ).
Having been with him on some of those trips with are old school mate tonto ,I new it meant a lot to him to finally finish. But it wasn't just the riding Martin did ,he did everything form booking the hotels to designing the shirts. Which took up many more hours than people give him credit for. But it was never a problem for him to do. Like in the rest of his life he was always willing to give you hand if he could or would know who to see.
For all the people who knew Martin he will be missed, he was to larger than life to ever be forgotten.

As his brother posted earlier I'm trying to finish off his bike for the funeral service. But there are a few problems.

He has only one brake lever & no matching cantilevers to finish the build. Plus his cut down one of the grips to set it up his LH side controls.
So I need to find
XT RH & LH black brake levers
XT cantilevers for front & rear black
Plus does any body know where he got his foam grips from
Plus has he told anybody what colour cables he was going to use as I've only found black gear cables.
The plan is to set it up with standard controls so in the future his can ride it.

Sorry spent hours writing this & lost most of it when I went to post & had some how signed out. My lost account explained more. But at 12.40 it's to late to go over it again.

Re: Re:

Bryncrug72_zpseb3c82c7.jpg

This picture breaks my heart every time I look at it, I wish the family luck and happiness in the future.

Re:

I also have just seen this. My deepest sympathies go out to his family and in particular his little boy. I never met or had any dealing with him but this thread brings his charismatic nature alive. Inspirational it is. It's quite distressing reading about all these cyclists passing in their 40s too if I'm honest.

RIP

Re:

I dealt with him having sold one or two parts. A real gent to deal and chat with and he took an active interest in something I needed help with (unrelated to bikes), again he did not know me from Adam but that did not matter for him.

Re the overburys build, I dont have those exact parts but do have some silver xt cantis (low profile) I am willing to offer for the build...

Back