Question about the Spring Kit for Quadra 21r

My LBS has a bunch of OEM replacement elastomer kits hanging on the wall. I'm sure I could get one to you for less than suspensionforkparts' kits. What rate are you looking for?

Thanks for the offer FMJ.

Income taxes in Belgium are high...for example item 50 dollar and shipping 25: i wil pay 40%!! more .Even on the shipping costs!

our you have to make an offer below 20 dollar :):):)

Re:

Found a set of new elastomers!!

www.mtb-king.be provided me one .

A very nice guy .He bought "new old stock" from a bike shop.Repairs and maintenace of suspension forks for several bike shops.

See his internetside for more information!

The boggo original elastomers had their own built in natural damping hysteresis which slowed down the return force.
Oh! My favorite topic - The self dampening elastomer! :LOL:
There is no such thing, like natural damping in ECUs. They were selling those forks with that argument for the first years but soon it became apparent that this was only some marketing blabla to counter the active oil dampening of e.g. RockShox.
Some bike mag even started a test in a lab to confirm that a elastomer uncompresses at the same rate it compresses.
In the german "bike"-mag there once (after the release of the lab-test) was this funny description, that those forks fitted with elastomeres had "only the friction of the sealing rings for dampening" = no dampening at all. :D

So there will be not much difference in the dampening characteristics hen you switch to springs.

Re:

Ok So be it...

My bike is still original and i'm happy with it!

Attachments

• Y33 001.jpg
    Y33 001.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 583
Re:

Does anyone know if the Quadra 21R elastomers can be used in the Std 21s?

When I was a youngster I couldn't afford the 21Rs, but some unscrupulous dealer in the ads in MBUK was selling 21s "yellow'd up".

If the 21R elastomers fit, then I might get a set of them. I really want a set of Mag 21s, but I remember people having issues with them when they were new, never mind 25 years old!

Re:

havinng what issues with them, if this site is anything to go buy and the amouunt i've had to fiddle with, then they are one of the most reliable old forks out there, internal rearly go wrong and as they ar sat in oil last longer than the indy and judy.

Poor maintenence when damp could cause the externals to corrode (but that happened to Quadra and judy, also they sometimes crack around the bolt holes from a lot of use, again quadra using the same lowers, has the same problem.

So quite interested to here what problems they had with them.

Re:

Hi fluffychicken,

I remember riders saying that they had seal issues, and loss of oil. If that's not actually the case and old Mags are perfectly serviceable, then that would be cool, as they were my dream fork as a kid.

Re:

they altered the seals after the early ones (mag20 rs2), but enduro make an oil seal if ever needed. (don't think anyone makes the dust seal)

Back