Question about Exotic UD rigid carbon forks

EccentricRich

Dirt Disciple
Please can forum members who have Exotic UD carbon rigid forks help me out with a question:

I've got some Exotic rigid carbon forks on one of my bikes and they've been great. I'm going to buy another Exotic rigid carbon fork for another bike and I'm thinking about buying the forks with the UD carbon rather than the more common 3K carbon forks that I've already got.

So my question is do the UD carbon Exotic forks have any irregular carbon weave showing that catches the light or do they just look like they're painted gloss black? (I think I'll go for old-school 3K carbon if the UD carbon just looks like gloss paint). A 1st world problem I know! :LOL:

I've looked at pictures of the UD carbon forks on eBay and Amazon but the pictures are so low-res it's impossible to see what they look like close up.

Thanks,

Richard

Re:

I have a set of the exotic monocoque forks. Not sure if they are ud but not 3k. They have a gloss finish and a pattern like thermoplastic gt sts frame or spin wheels. I think they look great,better than the 3k weave. I also have ud bars and posts which are just matt black and not that exciting to look at.

You can see the carbon on the monocoque version, they just have clearcoat over them, but they make ones with a crown too, which i didn't know about, Those seem to be just black legs from what i have seen.

Back