question about a titanium frame

Attachments

• shinobi titanium.jpg
    shinobi titanium.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 251
  • mig titanium.jpg
    mig titanium.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 251
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
simonpar":3rsn4xv8 said:
linked url shows frame with cable stops in the youtube vid (titanovaya rama)

The rear routing is different on that one and it has bosses in the seat stays.

The other two look very different to yours too ..... although as mkone says, they are made of the same material.

Re:

The mig bb weld looks awful, and has a crack/repair by the looks of it. I hope yours isn't one of them if the weld quality isn't great.

It also has a ton of differences compared to your frame.

The other frame will be difficult to compare as a different style entirely, with disc brakes.

I was asking about the shape as this is mine from the rear. Completely different, just the kick out at the bottom on mine.
The maker is some known Russian guy who did my frame for one of the bike shows, to show off his work etc. I saw an article about the owner of Enigma bikes visited him at his factory, but I know little else, including that makers name.
I got the impression though that they make or made or intending to make any ti frame a specific seller wanted.

My rear (oo-er missus)

And the similar rear dropout welds and style.

Welding is better on mine, but its very similar, especially around the frame mounts, almost identical.
I'll get another pic of them up.

Attachments

• DSCF4224 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF4224 (Custom).JPG
    49 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCF4225 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF4225 (Custom).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCF4222 (Custom).JPG
    DSCF4222 (Custom).JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 214
thanks once again, style is reminiscent of the Ti Red Star MIG 1 and applying Occam's razor, it's probably a Russian made Ti frame, but will be on the lookout for new info cheers

Looks a bit like the DNA I had. Memories fade over the years but I remember the S shaped seat stays.
Also, there were only stickers to proclaim it as a DNA.

Back