Proflex 857 Expert Series Frame WITHDRAWN

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Red, 1997, Medium (20" centre top of seat tube)

Shock has some damping (turn the adjuster and it DOES change) and shaft is pitted with rust

Pivots are very stiff / seized

Here's the eBay advert: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Proflex-857-exp ... Ciid%253A2

XT rear mech not included, STX chainset is worn out, although the bb isn't seized and came out dead easy as it had been greased :shock:

£20 or near offer. Collect from Woking, please. If you want it posted somewhere in the UK, it looks to be about £15.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Proflex 857 Expert Series Frame £20

Went for 23 quid :shock: Which is remarkable given how much was spent in development and its history in use.

But potential bidders would rather have something new costing 50x that.

Usually has Trek printed on it :facepalm:

Yep it deserved to go for a fair bit more than that :facepalm: and what do you mean usually has Trek printed on it :shock: no seriously i take it this was a Taiwanese produced frame produced for both Proflex and Trek ..

I hate Trek. No idea why exactly.

Actually, 'Bland' is the word that springs to mind.

Well tbh i always got the impression back in the late 80s that Trek were aimed mainly towards off road touring hence the lack of flare but theirs always been Trek fans so the bikes mustn't of been bad just looked a bit dull ..

Back