PROFLEX 856

Work in progress :LOL:

They are a spare set of legs I picked up, they are not completely stripped yet but they look a lot better without the paint and decals - they kind of highlighted the issue somewhat !

WD :)

That Proflex/Djernis deal always struck me as one of the most misguided sponsorship arrangements ever. He'd won pretty much everything on a Ritchey without the aid of any suspension at all, so aside from the novelty spin they could put in the marketing, there wasn't really anywhere for Proflex to go with it. If he'd continued to win, the best you could say was that the bike wasn't doing him any harm, which isn't the strongest sales message going. If he didn't (and when you're at the top there's only one likely career trajectory ;-) ) then everyone would be blaming the bike.

Anyway. Nice bike :)

What kind of springs did you go for on it? They look a bit smaller guage than my RDS ones. As I said ealier though: very nice.

I'm not that particular about mine at the moment as its my main bike I use for commuting. After this winter I may overhall it though, but its done me well since new. I've just got into the habit of fitting anything that works and lasts well.

Is there a ProFlex specific thread at all? The brand does have a loyal following - rightly so!

Here's mine. (My pics are not great quality)

Attachments

• Ally's Bikes 005.JPG
    Ally's Bikes 005.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 631
the front was already on the forks when i got them , so not sure , the rear is of a noleen (rts) and seems to be the same outer dia just a bit longer than the rds ones

Back