Proflex 852....

Tommi74":34t7uqhl said:
No hinges, only some kind of rubber hinge at the bottom which will be even more stiff in the cold

Equals huge bending forces to the shock.

You can also burn your money....

Risse makes nice stuff, but I agree with you...that install is FUBAR. :shock:

If I were a Risse-Engineer, I would make a non-flexible connection to the strut, and some kind of hinge-plate that screws directly to the frame, and sell this together with the shock.

(sorry for my english)

I just picked up an 854 frame with Vector for for $50 australian dollars. I think to the rest of the world that is the equivalent of two peanuts.

I was going to go down the road of new elastomers from Rapid descent for the front and rear of my bike. Like a few others here I can't get my head around the longevity of the Risse setup. Mind you I am happy for someone to prove otherwise and convince me of that direction. Actually I am not sure it will fit my bike anyway looking at the other pics.

Attachments

• 854_2.jpg
    854_2.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 1,062
sammydog":q86sqemy said:
I just picked up an 854 frame with Vector for for $50 australian dollars. I think to the rest of the world that is the equivalent of two peanuts.

I was going to go down the road of new elastomers from Rapid descent for the front and rear of my bike. Like a few others here I can't get my head around the longevity of the Risse setup. Mind you I am happy for someone to prove otherwise and convince me of that direction. Actually I am not sure it will fit my bike anyway looking at the other pics.
Holy Moly, what is going on with that upper shaft mount? Kind of looks like it hinges?

As far as the Risse, my short experiences with them is that when working properly, they last pretty well (but still like the sponges :LOL: ).

sammydog":3blx89tu said:
Like a few others here I can't get my head around the longevity of the Risse setup. .

With this frame, it is a different story. It´s not perfect, but you can "safely" use the Risse. You see that it is hinged on top, so no bending forces can be applied.

Back