Proflex 757 - retromod rebuild

I'm not bothered by modern components, and whilst I do like vectors proflex did sell bikes without them, I'm more of a lifes too short to spend it pleasing strangers on the internet.
The colours look good and I'll bet it rides a treat.
Shame about the hi jack though, I think you should over shadow it with lots more pictures.

Now replaced the bodge...errr...modified DDG rear disc adapter with a Hammerhead designed for the job. Took ages to find one of these but worth doing as the mount is perfect and looks like its meant to be there, light too at 65g.

Attachments

• hammerhead.jpg
    hammerhead.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1,269
Looks a complicated but clever arrangement for the disc mount. Job done though! :)

What's it ride like? I've fancied a Pro-Flex for a while but small ones dont seem to come up.

Not ridden this one yet but by all reports and my previous experience of an earlier bike they're well worth a go. Suprisingly light without too much effort, comfortable and excellent climbing ability. Best bit is the price as a nice used example can be had including Girvins (if you like that sort of thing :roll: ) for under £200 - in fact theres a smallish looking XP-X on Ebay right now for that.

Ah that rear disc mouny looks interesting, is it just a flat plate with cut outs?.
I think that ebay XPX is a large, the rear seat stays mount near the edge of the frame.

NAILTRAIL96":3ix0w8t8 said:
Ah that rear disc mouny looks interesting, is it just a flat plate with cut outs?.
I think that ebay XPX is a large, the rear seat stays mount near the edge of the frame.

Yes its just a machined piece of flat metal about 4mm thick. Bolts into the dropout threads, pretty simple but works a treat. Was a little unsure the dropout is strong enough as its very cut away and then glued into the carbon swingarm but these have been well tried and tested - apparently ! No bigger than 160mm rotor recommended though but thats plenty big enough on the back.

Is that X-PX a large ? Hard to tell by eye with those supersize forks on the front. :roll:

The give away is the rear shock mount, on small frames the bolt is right up inside the top tube.
I might see if I can make a disc mount, I am fond of a little bodgery.

Back