Pro cycling chat and Road CC Fantasy Cycling thread 2013

Well done Froome, I'm not a Sky fan but I do like him(funnily enough I do like many of the riders just not Skys approach to racing by numbers).

Re:

Some top racing today at the Dauphine, I'll not spoil it but its worth catching.

Re: Re:

kaiser":3dclzwvj said:
Some top racing today at the Dauphine, I'll not spoil it but its worth catching.

None too impressed with the BBC Sport website/digital text coverage of the Dauphine, mind you - Adam Yates is doing a great ride for a 21 year old first-year pro and still occupying a top-10 GC spot, but rarely gets a mention by the Beeb.

David

Re:

Definitely one to watch, he impressed at last years ToB.

Re:

Another cracking stage at the Dauphine, catch it if you can. Great result and effort from Yates again.

Re: Re:

kaiser":29q77yil said:
Another cracking stage at the Dauphine, catch it if you can. Great result and effort from Yates again.

Indeed. I wonder if Orica-GreenEdge will try him out in their TdF team, or will age and inexperience count against him?

David

Re:

I think he deserves it with this performance though I'd hope they would take his age into consideration, still a big step up to the TdF. I'm not sure of OGE's race priority, if they are there for the sprints then maybe letting him have a taster of the tour would be good. Hey you never know you might find Wiggo mentoring him next year.

Re:

Wiggo's luck seems to have deserted him in Switzerland - a middling TT performance early on and well down on GC today thanks to a spill. Peter Kennaugh looks a good bet for a respectable overall finish, though.

David

Re:

A lot of folks seem to think he's(wiggins) throwing a strop because of the TdF selection. It's possible he will go all out for a big stage win though, give Brailsford a bit more of a headache.

Latest posts

Back