Preparing for a 40mile road ride... What do I need?

Signal11th":1b4y1ukc said:
What app is that if you dont mind me asking?

App is cyclemeter. I quite happy, logs routes, distances, max speed and average, also possible to link to heart rate and cadence with compatible add ons. I use it just to track distances.

Mindmap3":2va4vcxi said:
You'll be fine mate. I bashed out 33 miles in two hours on Sunday.

It'll be reasonably flat too.

Hope you're right :LOL:

Should be ok. Going to try and get a couple of hour ride in tomorrow and see how far I get.

Just remember it's not a race, there's no rush, no need to thrash yourself to within an inch of your life.
I'd focus on comfort, comfy saddle, shorts, riding position, food, drink, drink. Did I mention drink? :LOL:
I wouldn't go making any crazy changes to your bike or equipment at the last minute, just ride what you're used to :)

Only changed the gearing as I think in real terms it will suit me more having a triple than have double and bash.

Happy with saddle etc.

I've got a 3l bladder in my camelbak... Should be enough!

A big ring will make a difference...off road I haven't missed a 44 tooth ring for years buy on the road, I seem to spend an awful lot of time in the big ring.

That's my exact reason for refitting one.

Was hoping to keep the 36t but unfortunately it didn't seem to like shifting back from the 44 down to the 36 and kept getting jammed between the two.

Not sure if that was due to something I've done or just a case of the 36 isn't designed to work like that :?:

S-M":18ah3she said:
40 miles on road is not hard :?

40 miles offroad is hard.

40 miles on road is hard if you're in Ghana.

Attachments

• IMG_1816_sm.jpg
    IMG_1816_sm.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 139
Back