Preferred landscapes?

Re:

They would really hate me, I loved the winding gear and slag heaps
No..that's good. :)

There is a general cultural bias (painting/photography/Downton Abbey/National Trust etc) towards what is generally seen as 'picturesque', so it's good to log the opinions of people who think otherwise.

Arable farmers might prefer efficient and productive looking fields, surfers prefer coastal possibilities, rock climbers look for cliffs, a civil engineer might admire a new road scheme that a CPRE member would hate. Each has an equally valid opinion, and as taxpayers should have an equal say on how Welsh money is spent to improve the scenic and amenity value of their landscape.

Keep up the good work.

All the best,

Re:

I went for a walk around Snowdonia a couple of years back, absolutely stunning, and I got sunburned walking up Mt Sowdon in April. In fact the waterproofs stayed in my back pack for the whole three days I was there; I bet that doesn't happen often. :D

Having said all that, I am a pasty northern European type and can get a bit of a tan if I fall asleep with the light on, or stand in a Kebab shop for too long.

The one thing that surprised me was that the café at the top of Snowdon was shut on a bank holiday. There must have been 300 people on the summit and not a cup of tea in site. That's no way to run a business is it? :shock:

Re: Re:

danson67":irtk6yxr said:
surfers prefer coastal possibilities

That explains it.
I used to surf, on a corrugated iron sheet, down a slag heap next
to an old iron works.

Back