Possibly the nicest XT m739 ive seen for a while.

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Not complete but what is there is all from 1997 groupset inc the rims.

Hopefully the cranks may be coming my way Though theyre the 737 from 1996. But in some ways thats better in that rings can always be had, whereas we all know that stupid outer/spider of the m739. And i keep missing the blooming things on ebay inc a nos outer that went for £8.50 EIGHT POUNDS FIFTY :shock: :shock:

Still missing that elusive front hub (HB-m737A)32h and skewer Was going for the 738 but i dont think 11mm will fit everything.
Ill hang on in to see if the pedals(m747) present themselves but the other bits like cassette/chain(i think i might have one actually)/headset/seatpost/seatbinder bolt will probably be too difficult to obtain. Ive a BB but it now depends on the cranks, might have to look or swop for another

The temptation when you get to this stage of course, is to go for the entire thing. and ive a top pull front to add to this and i keep eyeing up those STI units on ebay ...Watching...Waiting..... :oops:

Attachments

• Shimano XT M739 1997 Groupset 003 (Custom).JPG
    Shimano XT M739 1997 Groupset 003 (Custom).JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 2,164
  • Shimano XT M739 1997 Groupset 006 (Custom).JPG
    Shimano XT M739 1997 Groupset 006 (Custom).JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 2,164
ive got one with a kaput big ring
im not sure what to do with her
the grannys still got her teeth
but shes been around a bit

EggyBum6969":clxmf7wd said:
ive got one with a kaput big ring
im not sure what to do with her
the grannys still got her teeth
but shes been around a bit

Thanks for the offer eggy but im afraid its the bloody pricey new bits im after :(
You know, polishing and lacquaring is easy, ive really got to work out replacing locos without using decals :? Printed :?

phatmar":clxmf7wd said:
Wow... £8.50... Now thats a steal!
Yeah, but unfortunately it wasnt my steal :( Came across it in ebay completed listings. Was recent too.

Lovely Im after a set of NOS pods. (has to be NOS as the rest of my group is one owner from new and almost mint) but the only ones I can find on fleabay are from the US and about £150 plus postage!

the decals on this one are great
the shoe rub is lower down the arms
theres a few tiny scratches which could all be polished
but only the granny is usable an theres no bolts

might be use to someone with pedal scuffs on there decals

Update

The story so far....

Picked up some other bits recently in the form of some sti levers, a fantastic 741 headset :D and some 747 spds that were also in rather surprisingly good condition. Over the moon to get the nos front hub. thats a weight off for sure.
I got the sharkfin from Vinevo on here and he's sending me the QR too. The latter probably being amongst the hardest to find.
Cranks have still not materialized as yet. Won a nice pair on ebay just over a week ago for a very good price but as thye havent turned up and no word yet from the seller i've got that sinking feeling :( Hope they havent gone walkabout in the post.

Still missing the seatpost, possibly a nos 4 arm spider/outer. Would be nice but maybe not necessary really
Spare front mech is a top pull,the others a down, nice to have the option.Same goes for the sti units, too good a price and it leaves the option again.

Eventually plan to rebuild the marin quake 9.0 and I'd like to have it with the full bhoona XT m739 from 1997,which it is :D The frame is in as good a condition as the groupset so it should be not far off new when complete

Attachments

• Shimano m739 Groupset 002 (Custom).JPG
    Shimano m739 Groupset 002 (Custom).JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,563
More bits added :D
Got an outer and middle rings ill be putting on the 5 bolt adaptor(fills things out a bit :LOL: )
And the nos front hub has now built onto the other 217 and looks fantastic. Rebuilt the rear to remove the alloy nipples for brass ones and changed the spokes too for good measure. Not been used really but might as well stick with the same for both wheels.

Still needing another middle for the spiderless crank and another granny ring for the adaptor..

Might be a middle in the offing.
You see, there is a bike shop i visit and every time i go in theres something old and long defunct hanging in plain sight :? I jump on and buy it ,then the next time im there i see something else. Not always the same place but i swear it wasnt there before :? Ive been visiting this same shop for years and ive an eye for detail so am pretty sure id have spotted it long before then. and its one of those places thats been in operation for decades and the owner has 3 sheds and a house full of stuff. Im beginning to think he's deliberately putting things up to tempt me with :LOL:

Now encase the lot in a slab of liquid acrylic and make a table out of it :twisted:
Im kidding, though i am thinking of mounting the lot on a board or a case or something :? Be a shame to use something this nice and this complete

And another piece falls into place :D

This time its the elusive E front mech.
Last few items are coming thick and fast now. I just seem to look at the right time. This is nos and only £15. You know what nos can sometimes cost. I did well there :D

Annoying not to have the front skewer and i can see myself picking up a set rather than wait for a single. About every time these come up theyre damaged. Maybe a nos pair would be the answer :? Much of it is mint andd it would be a shame to add the final few pieces in anything less than that condition.

The Mombat pic of the 1997 groupset makes it look all compact but its beginning to really take up space if laid out and im wondering just what exactly a size of case im going to have to construct for this :?

Latest posts

Back