Poorly Pace with a coupla bits

What a surprise a broken pace frame! 🤣

Considering how long they have been doing frames, im just at a complete loss as to how they still manage to make frames that fall to bits.....come to think of it how they are still in business.

They must sell lots of t-shirts and keyrings....

Considering how long they have been doing frames, im just at a complete loss as to how they still manage to make frames that fall to bits.....come to think of it how they are still in business.

They must sell lots of t-shirts and keyrings....
Yes up to a point … ti welding has come on SO much in the last two decades - with the need for complete and meticulous inert environment for welding and at the time a lot of guesswork about tube thicknesses, it was almost a personal thing - which welder you got - whether a frame would be strong or defective. Gary Helfrich frames particularly valued. I had a Litespeed Marin ti batch 2 and it was strong as a Strong Thing with beautifully mitred tubes and tiny fishscale welds.

It's like lightbulbs init?

If they lasted forever there would be nobody making lightbulbs!

I personally don't think it's any detriment.. they wasn't built to last an eternity.. in the 3 decades since this frame was built i've had numerous pairs of shoes, numerous cars.. ect

You buy things, use them until they fk up and sell them which is exactly what's happened here, the fact that he's bought a Pace, enjoyed it and hamered it to within an inch of it's life is good to see imo.. nothing quite as tragic as a garage queen.

Back