Polishing up a neglected previously polished alloy frame for lazy people

Still going on this one!!!

I tend to polish in phases as it can take an awful lot of time

Just an aside, if you want to waste your time use autosolve. If you don’t want to waste your time use a more modern product with corrosion inhibitors. It won’t be any more shiny but the finish will last considerably longer.

Ps the only shortcut is to pay someone else to do it.

Find some mug nice person who loves polishing and get them to do it for the love.

I'm still looking for one. Unless I can use tools, I can't do much more than 5 mins at a time, otherwise my hands give up. Even with a Dremel my hands eventually give up from the vibrations.

;-)

I might have to get some attachments for my drills and then find something to polish.

The usual pattern for me is:

1 decide that the lacquer/paint is a bit rough and the component/frame could do with a full polish to shiny raw
2 remember fleetingly that I seriously regretted it last time I decided that
3 put that memory back in the box
4 get the med and fine grit paper out
5 get fed up after an hour
6 get the Dremel/buffer out
7 find I need new pads
8 locate new pads after half an hour of digging in the workshop
9 have a coffee
10 get fed up after an hour
11 remember properly that I really did seriously regret doing this last time, and that was on something half the size
12 realise that I now am committed to the job
13 cry
14 carry on, wiping away the sweat and tears
16 start cursing
17-58 carry on polishing, thinking of all the better things I could be doing
59 enjoy all the radio4 programmes I have listened to whilst doing the nooks and crannies by hand
60 stand back and admire
61 remember not to forget that I will never do this again
62 instantly forget that I told myself not to forget that I will never do this again
63 go ride

I've given up the idea of doing this.

Stuck it on ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133933722792

If anyone on here buys it I will throw in a new drill attached polishing kit I just paid £20 for.

Just PM me after the auction.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back