plumbing tools

I recently did my first lot of end-feed plumbing and found it massively satisfying. I would recommend some of those very stiff bottle brush things for cleaning the inside of joints (nice to know it's properly clean before applying flux) and a decent cutter. I used cheap cutter and it hurt after only a few cuts, and the cutting wheel kept falling out.

djoptix":30ceagzx said:
I recently did my first lot of end-feed plumbing and found it massively satisfying. I would recommend some of those very stiff bottle brush things for cleaning the inside of joints (nice to know it's properly clean before applying flux) and a decent cutter. I used cheap cutter and it hurt after only a few cuts, and the cutting wheel kept falling out.

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/monument-15 ... 616-101820

Problem solved :)

Only downside (and it's not really any worse than old-style cutters) is that you can't cut really close to the end of a pipe - fantastic tool though!

plumbing tools are like bike tools, the more you intend to use them ..the more it makes sense to get quality tools

Plus you can get replacement wheels for those monument cutters. When you put them away it's well worth giving them a good dose of wd40 or similar to keep them good till the next time.

Djoptix, you can get really good silicone carbide cleaning strips for soldering. Use self cleaning flux for soldering, it gives a better joint. And lastly always wipe the joint down afterwards of any flux to stop the pipe going green outside, and if you can flush the inside of the pipe too.

Back