"Platsa Blue" 95 Explosif Singlespeed

I keep coming back to this as i love the look of it,
Well done on an excellent build :cool:

Is there anything you'd change though?

exbiker":436e487q said:
I keep coming back to this as i love the look of it,
Well done on an excellent build :cool:

Is there anything you'd change though?

The only thing that I'd change about the frame is that I kick myself for not having brazed on a centre top tube brake hose guide. There was a good reason for not doing so (or so it seemed at the time :oops: ) and that was so that if the bars were low enough to catch the TT, the brake hose could hopefully move out of the way a bit more easily, rather than be damaged (if it was fixed to guide).

As things turned out I never run the bars low enough for brake levers to catch the frame anyway, so when it needs a respray (or I get it powder coated) I'll fit the missing guide. I did think about running the hose under the top tube, but then it's in the way when you shoulder the bike or put it on bike racks, which for me seemed more of an issue.

I'd like a Thomson stem and a set of Vicious Cycles 438mm forks - both serious money though, so they''ll have to wait a while (or I'll just live and ride without them :) ) After all, part of the appeal is that there's no really expensive stuff on there anyway - the most desirable item is the seatpost I suppose .....

Back