plastic pedals

They're the must-have item in BMX right now because they're light, and cheap, and come in matching colours :roll: . Grip is reasonable in the dry but attrocious in the wet so not really suited for MTB's. I'll stick to my 6 year-old atomlab trailkings.

I got reading about these on other places, and all the debates, like are they better or worse for grinding etc...

Things really do go round in circles

Not really tempted theres some tasty alloy pedals on the market anyway. Also the cheapo one I've lived with on new budget bikes are enough to put me off.
If i was to get some it would be as mentioned strictly dry weather only!

how about plastic and atomlab

00001-2.jpg

they had a habit of shattering though so are rarely seen anymore

I remember those perry, made from bulletproof glass or some other guff advertising.

Suparich - yeah I've got a set the wellgo magnesiums, MG-1's? Got Ti axles in them as well :cool: I have them on one of my retrobikes actually, where they are used but not thrashed. Grip is excellent, not as good as my favourite Easton Cully's but still good enough. Weightwise mine are 314g (with the Ti axles) - which is damn good weight saving compared to 570g for the cullys and over 600g for the atomlabs. Still I won't run them on my BMX or main ride for fear of breaking them.

Back