Pitmedden “night” ride - Sat 27th November - Postponed due to Arwen

It's not so much the wind but the snow that might be an issue, been snowing here this morning and still going, enough to make the drive to the shops "interesting" 😆

Will dig out my Schwalbe Ice Spikers, just in case....

Bike works well😁
Rider works crap😔
Sorry lads I'm no coming along after all, not fit enough and I'm not just saying that, really really not fit enough.
Can't drive to meet, ride and then drive back, I'd be sick as a dog for a week recovering from that. I was fooling myself, sorry. Chronic ill health is a barsteward 😞
Neighbour and his mates also not coming.
Enjoy yourself, which I know you will.

Need to get on with the ebike build otherwise I will never ride off road again.

Last edited:
Not sure what it’s like with you guys but typing this from my sisters, as I came back to no power. Barely got out of top end of village due to fallen tree.
Think it’s best to cancel tomorrow. I know the wind is due to drop, but not sure what the Tay Bridge will be like. Also worried about the amount of trees coming down across trails in the pitch black. Not the wisest to go ahead with it.

Aye, mibbees for the best. Wind has been howling down here and at the moment we've nae TV signal, sniffle, wipes tear from eye, cause aeriel's been turned around. If ye hear reports of an OAP doin' a Rod Hull doon this way, it's maybe me.....

Still nae power. Couple of near misses with fallen trees on the way back from sisters. Had to double back as one road completely blocked.

Sorry tae hear ye've still nae power, don't envy the power guys oot in this weather fixing faults.
TV signal now restored earlier, aerial re-aligned, nae bother, done winter climbs in way worse conditions...... ;)

Amazing how just a few miles south westward results in only a bit breezier than normal, no trees down and a wee flicker with the lights. Dinae fancy what Jimo, Clubby and the Fifers have been getting, especially with power down. Hope you all come out well on the other side of the storm😉

House fine but still no power. At Morrisons for breakfast. Looks 50:50 whether power will be back on today.

Back