Pinarello Sestriere Ideal winter training bike for sale

kenster

Retro Guru
Pinarello Sestriere Steel Forma tubing frame (Recently blasted and re-sprayed wet paint) not sure on the exact year as original owner from new didn't know,but guestimated 6-7 years old. I have pictures of the original spray. There were rust spots hence the blast and re-spray. I was going to keep this as my winter bike but decided to keep another.
Rest of the bike is as follows,
Mavic Open 4 cd rims and Campag hubs. (Good running order smooth hubs and very little wobble on the rims, the brake surfaces have some of the laquer missing but the faces are very good and not pitted). Tyres are Michellin kevlar and havent seen more than 250 miles. (Slight rub on rear where tyre ran against frame, but barley noticeable).
Campag chainset (52/39),bottom bracket,chain and rear cassette (14 speed all run very smoothly together).
Campag Veloce caliper brakes,pinarello stem and bars.
Shimano RSX rear mech, shim 600 brake levers,Tiagra front mech,shim sl-r400 downtube shifters.
The headset (campag is like new)
The fizik saddle great nick,

Frame is 54cm, top tube 500mm (back of stem to front of seat post), headtube is 100mm (steel only) including headset cups 120mm
Brand New - tape,cables (inner and outer).
Think that all you need to know? any questions please ask
A great little runner that will go for years to come
PLEASE pm me if interested i am am advertising on other forums to so will be first come first serve basis.
PICS link below
£250 would prefer pick up based in north devon.
http://s773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19 ... pinarello/

I guess it's a 'Colnarello'. Will those decals peel off?

If the head tube badge is original, it indicates the frame is from the nineties.

Yeap 100% Pinarello have original pics, is stamped underneath the bottom bracket and on the frame drop outs. The badges are original of the bike. It is definelty from the 00'S NOT 90'S. I have tried to google it a number of times, and came close to 2002 but was told by owner it was newer. The bike had hardly been used but had a few rust patchesd hence the blast and respray. The Colnago stickers are vinyl and will come off no problems. Did try to track down pinarello but couldn't find any decent/suitable ones. Cheers jon

Jon. You are maybe right about the age. I know Pinarello did various versions of this frame - including one with mudguard eyes that was I think just for the UK market, which can make them difficult to date. I had one of the eyeletted frames - before it was stolen... and it was post-2000 with the newer 'P' logo on the head tube. Earlier Sestrieres also had internal cable routing on the top type, which yours appears to have, whilst mine had external routing.

thanks there probably someone who will know exactly. I didn't nick yours by the way ;)
fancy buying this one :LOL: cheers jon

Back