Pinarello Dyna - 60cm - for sale

AndrewdeKerf

Retrobike Rider
Hi there.

For sale is my Pinarello Dyna (may post but prefer collection from Surrey).

This was one of the last steel bikes to appear in professional road cycling. The tubing was designed by Dario Pegoretti for Pinarello.

The condition of the paintwork is really good for the age. There's some minor pitting on the chrome but really nothing to worry about (and i'm picky). The decals are tired. NOS genuine Pinarello decals can be found on eBay for £30.

When I first received the frame, I completely stripped it down and sprayed inside the tubes with Framesaver. The crown race was a little loose on the fork (the fork was fine but the race measured slightly out of round), so I fitted a new headset which was to the correct interference fit, and refitted with Loctite 609. Everything is now functional and should be for the life of the bike.

The bike was then rebuilt using mostly 9 speed Chorus (and some Record, Super Record. I think the rear hub is Athena). It's all assembled with care and I managed to source everything in good condition. The shifters are the nicer 9 speed version with ball bearings.

I've made a few deliberate departures from the vintage theme in order to add some modern practicality. The shape of the Nitto bars and the long quill of the Nitto stem are great if you like a slightly shorter reach and higher bar position. The rear mech is set up with a longer B-screw so you can use a wider range cassette, the 26mm Gravel King tyres are great all year round.

The ride is beautiful, quick, supple and joyful. I've not ridden a steel frame like it.

All in weight is around the 9.5kg mark on my cheap luggage scales, pretty light for a steel frameset.

I'm asking £750 or sensible offers, collection from Dorking preferred. Thanks!

Pics here > https://photos.app.goo.gl/d0RAJbgwU8CAKQuX2

Attachments

• IMG_1018.JPG
    IMG_1018.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 759
Back