Peugeot 653 racing team

Love it! have a similar one myself (see my sig!). rides really well although I need to rebuild mine and it is a tad on the big side for me!

So been out on the pug last couple of weeks... Got to say 653 is great tubing and I actually prefer this to my 753 Joe Waugh or colnago. Definite keeper :cool:

Ive recently run across this same bike in Bulgaria. I did buy it, though I'm constantly finding misinformation on it. The bike I bought is built up exactly as yours is. One difference (although it was there originally) is that the number hanger on mine was sawn off by the previous owner as well as the first undermounted toptube cable route as well as tooling marks marring up the entire groupset . I wish I could slap them hahaha.

I was wondering if you've found anything else about this bike? Why the simplex mounted mavic derailleur? Why the Miche seat post and Royale saddle? Why the 3ttt stem, modolo bars and levers? Why simplex shifters instead of a FULL mavic group?

Exact same setup as mine and two others I've found searching through... no brochure, catalogue or media showing this groupset build up this way. I think it must be a team bike build at this point.

Have you removed the bottom bracket to check that the interfacing tool was used on the BB shell to ensure the proper mounting of the mavic universal BB?

I didn't find any other info on the bike. I bought it from France last year. Maybe part of a team but no markings etc on mine. The group set is really smooth though so don't think it's had much use. Let me know if you find any info about the bike and set up. I have never stripped any part off the bike cos it rides nice enough.

Regards

Back