Period correctness - 1984

foz":33g7edoy said:
So I had a quick look, and have what's in the pic:

- steel or chromed with yellowed plastic part. Marked "Made in Italy" but nothing else
- Alloy Cobra
- Alloy TA
and 4 white ones that would look OK but are probably a few years later than 1984...

The alloy TA is the closest shape to the steel TA (as you'd imagine) but it will mark the bottles something rotten.

These are the ones you want but typically they show signs of ageing and corrosion:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Specialites-T ... SwmmxW3z~x

:|

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

TA did a black bottlecage made from pressed aluminium sheet which I had on my M&B in 1984. They were quoted as being the worlds lightest cage at that time at 30g each

Back to bar tape, Benetto was the best ever looking, but I would not use that now. So, when did modern cork type stuff come into use? I want some for the mid 80's Raleigh, but it will be a serious all-day rider and at this age, I need comfort

I think cork was early 90's?

I will probably go with benotto as that's what I have, and either the steel bottle cage if it clean up ok, or the cobra alloy one if it doesn't

foz":fg5agbv4 said:
Old Ned, if you still have gloves and they're for sale, please let me know what size they are and how much posted :)

thanks!

OK. I'll be back!

Old Ned":1o1u9o3i said:
foz":1o1u9o3i said:
Old Ned, if you still have gloves and they're for sale, please let me know what size they are and how much posted :)

thanks!

OK. I'll be back!

Sorry it's taken so long 'to be back' but we're having some ongoing family problems. However, I've managed to look through my 'stock' and discovered that I don't have any NOS Large size ones spare and only have one pair of Medium, both of which I really need to keep for my own use having sold all the rest. I do have several pairs of Lycra backed mitts though, in a variety of colours.

Back