Period-correct spokes?

Thanks, that's interesting that stainless was used at the time. It only occurred to me now to check the 1983 catalogue for the Somec Special. The spokes are indeed listed. They were "Alpina Lisci" spokes but Google doesn't show anything for this, in my search.
I did find the spoke company from the 1983 Somec catalogue. Its website is https://alpinaraggi.it. Although there's no longer a "lisci" model listed, "lisci" translates to "smooth" in English, so perhaps that means that it was non-butted stainless, or steel with some form of polished plating. Raggi = spoke.

The butted Alpini spokes are very expensive in Brazil, where i am (or to import), but thanks a lot for all the replies, I'm pretty sure that I'll choose some form of stainless steel. I'm lucky to live in a city with a branch of the Italian bike shop Lazaretti. They'll be able to provide something affordable in stainless and they have an excellent mechanic to build up the wheels.

Cheers

Avoid tbh. I remember Clover spokes back in the day. DT Dbl butted, or Sapim. On my bikes I polish the spokes on a polishing wheel with polishing soap. Looks mega in the summer ☀️

Back