Sold Paul Donohue Columbus Max F+F *SOLD*

dnbmatt28

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi

Up for sale is this Paul Donohue Columbus Max frame & fork that I purchased from the original owner about 3 years ago. Good condition, no dents but the paint has flaked off around the dropouts f & r, also there is a lot of chainrub on account of the fat stays! (I used a 50mm chainline as it was clear the 47.5 was too close). The head tube sticker has faded a bit (I think it was once Ferrari yellow!) but is stuck on over the laquer so can be replaced.

NIce sloping top tube on account of the low BB and relatively tall head tube. Quite a slack fork rake as well. The frame is fillet brazed and the fork is lugged. I have plenty of photos of the frame/fork alone when I bought it which I can email.

1" Headtube 12.5cm
Top Tube 54cm (c-c)
Seat tube 16" c-c 18" c-t
135mm Rear spacing
68mm BB
27.0mm seatpost size

**Sold via ebay**

Thanks
Matt

Attachments

• PD1.jpg
    PD1.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 1,400
  • PD2.jpg
    PD2.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 1,407
  • PD6.jpg
    PD6.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 1,408
  • PD4.jpg
    PD4.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,405
Last edited:
Re: Paul Donohue Max

:cool: nice.

I have a full Max PD also, it has a few design detail differnces than yours and i would be interested in seeing more pictures of the frame detailing. Also curious as to the serial number on yours and do you know the year it was made?

Great frame, shame you have to sell. I hope it finds a good home :)

Cheers

Mark

Re:

Good pointI Frame number is 108990 so assume 1990 and 10 frames after yours, the seat clamp changed to forward facing.

Re:

A few pics of the detailing, sealed BB shell, forks are sort of oval shape at the brake bosses then taper off to round towards the dropouts which look like stainless?

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,121
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,124
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,123
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,124

If his the one that was on eBay and came with a Campy headset?

I was gutted to miss out and tried to find out who had got it. Lovely frameset GLWTS

Really need a set of those forks now :)

Back