Party like its 1999

The Kilt

Old School Hero
Hi All, I have been lurking here for a while, mainly looking at everyone’s lovely bikes and also helping out where i can. I have recently sold both my 29er's (production Privee Shan GT and On One Inbred) and decided to go back to the dark side of 26". I loved the playfulness of some of my older bikes, and i always fancied a Cannondale so I thought why not. So picked up the below from the 'bay, and apart from some issues due to couriers its great.

While I was waiting for this bike to turn up (over a weeks delay) I found a bargain (well I thought it was) of a Kona locally for £150 again on the 'bay. Its Kona muni mula (aluminium spelled backwards for those who don’t know) and what attracted me to it was the brakes and the rims. I thought even if I don’t ride it I can split it and make some cash on the parts, however since picking it up it has quite a few good parts on it, like Middleburn ring set, the Arch rival brakes, lots of little X-Lite parts that I love due to them being local (always used to go past the factory on the train in Branksome and loved seeing it!) so now I’m going to fix it up a bit and use it as a pub/work bike.
Plan with the 'Dale...going to get a shorter stem to begin with and some better brakes. Would like the original XT 4 pot brakes but very hard to come across. There are some in America I might get my friend to help out with. And then see how it goes, may change the chainset to 1x9 with a Middleburn set, and maybe upgrade the rear derailleur for an XTR.

My history of bikes consists of (decent ones only no Raleigh’s, muddy fox etc of youth):

DMR Trailstar Mk1 (frame then replaced by a Mk2)

Kona Cindercone

Mountain Cycle Rumble

Rocky Mountain RM7

Santa Cruz VP Free

Yeti ASR 7

On-One 45650b

On-One Inbred 29er

Production Privee Shan GT 29er

I was into dirt jumping, freeride etc when I was younger as you can tell by the bike selection, but then moved more into trail riding and hardtails when I had a back issue. Now more into XC as when I ride trails too often it plays up my back. Mainly running now and using the bikes to pootle around town on with my daughter. Need to use the hills around me more (the Purbecks) for some good XC training J

Attachments

• IMG_4102.JPG
    IMG_4102.JPG
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4104.JPG
    IMG_4104.JPG
    887.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
That Cannondale 😍

Nice selection of bikes. I have had a 456 (26"), a 45650b, and currently have an Inbred 26". There's something about the simple steel tubes.

Latest posts

Back