PARTING OUT MY SEROTTA T-MAX PLEASE LOOK

IGOTTASEROTTA

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm parting out the T-Max since so many of you have suggested that it would be the best way to sell it. Here is the RetroBike link to see what's on the bike. Please make reasonable offers on the part/parts you are interested in. Below is a link to my Flicker Page where you can see more detailed pictures of the parts and my previous builds.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84008528@N03/

Here is a small list of what's on the bike.

1993/94 SEROTTA T-MAX CUSTOM

16.5" Columbus Triple Butted Max OR Steal Frame Painted (By Me) In A Color Shifting Silver Rainbow Micro Metal Flake 1390Gm
$750.00 Or Best Offer

Brand New Still In Box:

1994/95 Rock Shox "Quadra 10" Modified Steerer Tube w/ SRP Titanium Brake Studs & Modified Brake Arch 1134Gm
$145.00 Or Best Offer
It Will Be Mailed In It's Original Box!

Brand New Still In Box:

Truvativ Rouleur Carbon Crank w/ FSA Mega Exo Ceramic BB w/ Truativ XO 4 Bolt 7075 T6 CNC Crank Spider 104/64mm & 36t Custom CNC Bash-Ring 36t Race Face Single Ring 24t Doval Granny Ring 731Gm
$350.00 Or Best Offer

Slightly Used:

AeroLite TiTanium Pedals Custom Painted 74Gm
$80.00 W/Cleats Stainless Version Not The Ti Ones
Sorry About That, I Would Like To Keep The Ti Ones For Myself

Brand New In Box & Custom Laced:

Enve XC Carbon Fiber Wheel Set 20h Front 24h Rear Chinese Knockoff

w/ Tune MIG Aluminum/Ti 10 Speed Hubs w/ Ceramic Bearings Chinese Knockoff

w/ Recon One Piece Aluminum Rainbow 11t - 30t 10 Speed Cassette

w/ Marwi Ti-Dye TiTanium Spokes w/ DT Aluminum Nipples

w/ AEST Ti/Aluminum Skewers

w/ VELOFUZE 21mm Blue UST Rim Tape (3 Grams Per Rim)
w/ Stans 32mm Presta Valve Stems 1190Gm +/- 36Gm
$525.00 Kind-Of Firm On The Rims & I'll Include The Maxxiss 285 Tires. If You Don't Want The Tires Then We Can Talk About The Wheel Set Price

Brand New In Box:

KMC X10SL 10 Speed Ti-Coated Chain "Silver" 208Gm
I'LL Either Throw It In With The Wheel Set, Crank Set Or Front & Rear Mechs. Who Ever Purchases One Of Those Items First Will Receive The Chain.

Brand New In Boxes:

Maxxis MaxxLite 285 26 x 2.0 Tires Running Tubeless 570Gm
$110.00 Or See The Wheel Set For A Package Deal

Brand New With Boxes:

Karbona Carbon Rear Derailleur w/ A CNC Short Cage
$75.00

FSA Gossamer FD Derailleur Both 2/3 x 10 Speeds 170Gm 85Gm
$35.00 Or $100 For The Front & Rear

New In The Box:

Sram XO Silver 3 x 10 Trigger Shifters 204Gm
$135.00 OBO For The Set

Brand New In Boxes:

3T Arx/Xida LTD/Doric Team Carbon Fiber 80mm Stem, 620mm Flat Handlebars,
27.2mm x 350mm 0 Degree Seat Post 110Gm 125Gm 178Gm
$185 For The Whole CockPit & Add $40.00 For The Saddle
Brand New No Packaging:

SOLD Chris King 1" Sotto Voce Head Set "Silver" 98Gm 4Gm
$90.00 SOLD Comes With Ti Spacer & Ti Head Set Bolt SOLD

Brand New In Package:

Lizard Foam Grips 20Gm
See CockPit

Brand New In Boxes:

Aest Crazy Lite Aluminum Brake Levers Pair 56Gm
$100.00 Or Best Offer

TR CNC V-Brake Calipers w/ Pads For Carbon Rims Pair 242Gm
$125.00 Including 3 Sets Of Pads

Brand New In Box:

Full Carbon w/ Carbon Rails Saddle 90Gm
$50.00 Or See CockPit

Brand New In Box:

Nokon Aluminum Shifter/Brake Cables 32Gm
$40.00 Plus Extra Cable Bits In Blue/Gold/White.

Parts Added To Lessen Weight:

Replaced All Cr-Mo Bolts w/ 25 + TiTanium Rainbow Colored Bolts
$145.00 You Will Get 50 Plus Ti-Bolts In Various Sizes

TiTanium V-Brake Pad Fixing Bolts KCNC Aluminum Pulleys KCNC Aluminum Jockey Pulley Bolts KCNC Cassette Lock Ring KCNC Valve Stem Lock Nut & CNC Valve Cap KCNC Aluminum Chainring Bolts KCNC Granny Ring Bolts
See Parts That They Are Installed On

Other Needed Items: 2-3 Ounces Stan's NoTube Sealant
Problem Solvers 1" To 1 1/8' Steerer Tube Adapter
See Head Set & Or CockPit
Frame Protection Tape For The High Scratch And Impact Areas

Total & Actual Weight 6741g = 14lb 13.782oz All weights can be verified either through their websites or on the weight Weenies website @
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings.php

PLEASE READ!
FULL DISCLOSER, THE WHEEL SET AND HUBS ARE MADE IN CHINA. THE CARBON WHEELS WERE CUSTOM DRILLED FOR ME AND HAVE REINFORCED BRAKING SURFACES TO BE USED WITH CORK BRAKE PADS. THE HUBS ARE IDENTICLE TO THE TUNE MIG HUBS WITH CERAMIC BEARING BUT ONLY THE TUNE LOGO ISN'T ON THE HUBS BUT I HAVE THE DECALS COMING TO ME SHORTYLY. THESE 2 ITEMS ARE JUST AS RELIABLE AS THE REAL COMPONENTS BUT THE COSTS...... LASTLY I AM CURRANTLY USING TUBES WITH THE WHEEL SET BUT THEY ARE TUBELESS READY.

HERE IS THE SITE WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE STEP BY STEP PROCESS WHILE THE BIKE WAS BEING BUILT BY ME;
http://project-serotta-t-max.blogspot.com/

IF YOU ARE HAVE TROUBLE VIEWING PICTURES OF THE BIKE PLEASE VISIT THE GRAIGSLIST PAGE WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE BIKE'S PICTURES:
http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/bik/4169303364.html

Attachments

• 01313_iNAC6sx6oWv_600x450.jpg
    01313_iNAC6sx6oWv_600x450.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,030
Yes I have the cleats. I have 2 sets, 4 pedal & 4 cleats. I'm about 95% sure I'll be keeping the Titanium ones but the stainless steel one are still the lightest pedals out there at 120/130 grams for the pair.
On the other question about adding prices. I'll have to put on my thinking cap on and I'll add the prices next to each of the items in the description area.
Hey Paul, any help with pricing each item would be a huge help for me. I'm not one of those guys who think they know it all and I am always looking to know more either on how much a part is worth or it's quality.

IGOTTASEROTTA":3dzjmsby said:
On the other question about adding prices. I'll have to put on my thinking cap on and I'll add the prices next to each of the items in the description area.

That would be great thanks.

Just a reminder, all of the parts are brand new except for the pedals. The bike and the parts on it have NEVER been used. I have yet to ride the bike. I was saving the first ride for the person who purchases the bike.

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A PART AND I'LL TAKE SOME CLOSE UP PICTURES OF THE COMPONENT THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN.

Many parts still available, please ask if you would like me to take some close up pictures of any of the components that you are interested in..

Have ended up in this thread through clicking through a series of links.

So a quick question. You claim these Chinese knock off Tune hubs are identical to the originals but how can you? How do you know these were made with the exact right grade of aluminium? and that all the impurities within the metal have been removed? How do you know the exacting and identical processes that are used in the construction of a Tune hub have been replicated in your hub? I think its a bit cheeky to be sticking Tune decals onto knock off hubs and claiming they are identical. In your posts you make reference to your contacts in China. Have a word with yourself. It's hardly anything special you are doing by phoning up china and getting some knock off goods rattled together. Anyone can phone these companies in China like XACD and get goods delivered cheap and cheerfully.

Latest posts

Back