Parkpre Team 925 from 1995

Ganimed

Devout Dirtbag
Hello bike enthusiasts and collectors 👋

I would like to present you my Parkpre Team 925 from 1995, which I rebuilt in 2019. I bought the frame from a friend who had it in his collection as a wall hanger. The frame was NOS. Then I rebuilt it with contemporary parts from the early to mid 90's. The frame is made of Tange Ultimate Superlight MTB tubing and comes in a titanium plated finish.
Bild2169.jpg
White Industries Sugino crank set....
Bild2112.jpg
Manitou Three with new elastomers, TEC Magnesium cantilever brakes, XTR M900 headset...
Bild2175.jpg
Onza Racing Porcs II,
Bild2114.jpg
Bild2115.jpg
Bild2173.jpg
Bild2180.jpg
Bild2176.jpg
Bild9031.jpg
925-pg1.jpg
Hope you like it ;)
Olli

OMG!!!

The bike looks like what it should be for the World Cup racers in the 90s...

The set of Onza tires still look so Mint!!!
my old set of Panaracer FireXCPro had their studs all cracked off..

this frame is 1 1/8 steerer allowing for threaded and threadless setup right?

OMG!!!

The bike looks like what it should be for the World Cup racers in the 90s...

The set of Onza tires still look so Mint!!!
my old set of Panaracer FireXCPro had their studs all cracked off..

this frame is 1 1/8 steerer allowing for threaded and threadless setup right?
Thank you eclipse1 :)

This set of Onza tires were indeed mint when I bought them on ebay germany for 200 Euros 3 or 4 years ago. I also have a set of white Onza Porcs in mint condition on a black 1992 GT Richter 8.0 and also a set of blackwall Onza Porcs on another bike in my collection. Love these tires 🥰
Onza Porcs II.JPG
regards
olli

Very nice.

Regarding the 'Titianium plated finish' - it is actually nickel plating with a clear laquer over the top which gives the impression of a brushed ti finish.

Very nice.

Regarding the 'Titianium plated finish' - it is actually nickel plating with a clear laquer over the top which gives the impression of a brushed ti finish.

I'm not sure about that. There is a sticker on the frame which says "Ti Plated Finish".
Bild9289.jpg
Maybe just promotional tactics? Who knows ;)

Regards
Olli

Nice bike and nice to see you've woken @REKIBorter up to.

The blue boot work nice :)

Only thing I would alter is setting the front mech down to the correct height, it looks much higher than the 2/3mm above the top chainring it should be. Could be the camera angle though

As for a Ti plating.

You can deposit TiN onto stainless, Ti I don't think works. But TiN is a gold colour (or if a thin film then 🌈 colours quite often)

Most these frames, including Orange, Sun etc, are all from the same place I think (A-Pro? I know the Aluminium frames where A-Pro)) used Nickel plating, clear coated to good effect. It's really nice to see the coating hasn't peeled. :)

Rekiborter if anyone will know, that articles is his scan on his site.

Back