Pair skinwall Panaracer Timbuk II's $80 BIN

GoldenEraMTB":2fmfzy40 said:
* the trick is keeping the packages under four pounds and roughly the size of the usps postage scale (a 12" x 12" square) or smaller, so that it can go via first class. Otherwise, it gets bumped up to priority mail rates, doubling or tripling the cost of it going first class.

Yep, I'm all too familiar with the restrictions (I learned the hard way).

And I'm not arguing with you regarding First Class vs. Priority -- your points are valid. However, if a First Class package ever goes missing, you have zero recourse, whereas with Priority you have insurance and real tracking.

mfh126":30abazc3 said:
GoldenEraMTB":30abazc3 said:
* the trick is keeping the packages under four pounds and roughly the size of the usps postage scale (a 12" x 12" square) or smaller, so that it can go via first class. Otherwise, it gets bumped up to priority mail rates, doubling or tripling the cost of it going first class.

And I'm not arguing with you regarding First Class vs. Priority -- your points are valid. However, if a First Class package ever goes missing, you have zero recourse, whereas with Priority you have insurance and real tracking.

I understand you, as well. Have you ever tried taking advantage of that real recourse? The USPS makes it difficult to get an insurance claim, and they can put out a tracer on any package, even if it isn't priority mail, so long as it was scannable. You'll have to issue a refund, and then wait a month or two for the USPS to give you your claim, if they find in your favor, after submitting a few forms, along with evidence of value of the contents...real pain in the ass. I have yet to have an international buyer claim a lost package; I know you have, so I'm sure you know what you are talking about, as well.

i did pay $50 postage but where else could i get 80s specific nos tyres
im not worried about them going missing either as i paid via paypal
i just want them asap to fit to my muddy fox and then its finished :LOL:

GoldenEraMTB":1yz2p114 said:
mfh126":1yz2p114 said:
GoldenEraMTB":1yz2p114 said:

I understand you, as well. Have you ever tried taking advantage of that real recourse? The USPS makes it difficult to get an insurance claim, and they can put out a tracer on any package, even if it isn't priority mail, so long as it was scannable. You'll have to issue a refund, and then wait a month or two for the USPS to give you your claim, if they find in your favor, after submitting a few forms, along with evidence of value of the contents...real pain in the ass. I have yet to have an international buyer claim a lost package; I know you have, so I'm sure you know what you are talking about, as well.

Rob,

We've taken this thread completely off course. :)

I had one incident in which a First Class international package was extremely delayed and thought to be lost (it eventually turned up several weeks later). I contacted USPS by phone and the rep could not locate the package because it wasn't shipped via Priority. The response I received was that USPS has no obligation to scan First Class packages. Most times they're scanned when they reach one of the international distribution centers, but this particular package was not so I couldn't even tell if/when it left the country.

I never had to file an insurance claim, and based on your description of the process I pray I never do!

mfh126":g3g9y1z3 said:
GoldenEraMTB":g3g9y1z3 said:
mfh126":g3g9y1z3 said:
GoldenEraMTB":g3g9y1z3 said:

Rob,

We've taken this thread completely off course. :)

I had one incident in which a First Class international package was extremely delayed and thought to be lost (it eventually turned up several weeks later). I contacted USPS by phone and the rep could not locate the package because it wasn't shipped via Priority. The response I received was that USPS has no obligation to scan First Class packages. Most times they're scanned when they reach one of the international distribution centers, but this particular package was not so I couldn't even tell if/when it left the country.

I never had to file an insurance claim, and based on your description of the process I pray I never do!

hey, it's good FYI for everyone :LOL:

To take this further off course---there is a New York-area vintage ride coming up in mid-late July. Anyone in the tri-state area should come on down! (cough, Rob)

There's a thread with more info on mtbr.

yo-Nate-y":2jge4db1 said:
To take this further off course---there is a New York-area vintage ride coming up in mid-late July. Anyone in the tri-state area should come on down! (cough, Rob)

There's a thread with more info on mtbr.

Nice; thanks for letting me know. Got to check out that thread, as I'd love to go.

and to bring it back, I'll bring my commando sporting Timbuk II tires :cool:

Back