Paganini Columbus SL Campagnolo build

Re:

Haha, I love the face-off photo with the modern bikes - it's like two packs of wild animals sizing each other up.

Although it's not a period correct build as you say, it all fits together so nicely with the chrome and aluminium parts. I think the monoplanar brakes are a nice compromise, a more distinctive appearance but easier to use than deltas.

Re:

As mentioned earlier, "this build is mainly about looks first, function second, weight third". Also throw comfort in there along with function.
So despite using some lightweight parts ie. Vittoria tyres, Record/Record Titanium etc, the Paganini, complete with pedals, bottle cage etc weighs in at :oops: :oops: 10.4kg / 22.9lbs

Quite embarrassing I know, but reassuring when you think that swapping out just the Shamals and the leather regal for more lightweight options will drop the overall weight sub 10kg with ease.

Regardless of weight, it looks beautiful!
One of the nicest builds I've seen for a while.

Jamie

Re:

Have just updated the first post with some specs of the bike.
Because of the wide diverse chronology of Campagnolo parts used on this bike, I thought I'd do a rough list on the first page.
Thanks again to everyone for all the comments.

Cooker":1ns44gxz said:
I have done a few rides on the Pag over the last year and have to report that it is absolutely sublime! I really love the geometry of old competition frames and find it extremely comfortable (of course a Regal and Vitoria Corsa's contribute hehe). Also, being a competition frame, it sits lower to the road then my other bikes which results in a smaller surface area smashing through the air which no doubt is a very effective way of getting better aero. It is very very fast once rolling and I can hold 40kmh+ with much greater ease then my other bikes (again, the Vitoria's and Shamals no doubt help).
Upgraded the rear mech to a Record Titanium 8S model.
Other then that, bike is unchanged since the original build.

Here is a pic at the cafe next to my mates "modern" bikes.

Fantastic shot ;) :cool: pure class

Latest posts

Back