Pace RC300 Restoration

Snowy

Dirt Disciple
Hi all I have purchased a 2003 Pace RC300 & looking to get it back to how it would have been new. I am finding it difficult to get information or photos of original bikes, they all seem to have been converted to 10/11 speed single ring up front, or the latest Shimano XTR setup. Pace Lovers what would you change.

Attachments

• Pace RC 300.jpg
    Pace RC 300.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Only obvious change would be to a set of Pace forks, but they probably wouldn't be as good as those Fox ones, so I'd leave as is.
DMR V8/V12 pedals were available back then and although they've been updated, you can still buy them now. Still look very similar to how they were and are best in silver as the coloured ones look battered very quickly.

Thanks I have managed to get a set of DMR V12 version 1, they will need some work but nothing I can not sort.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 11
Thanks I have managed to get a set of DMR V12 version 1, they will need some work but nothing I can not sort.

Nice, but be VERY careful if you are removing any pins. The threads will be extremely brittle after this amount of time. I’d to chuck a pair as the pins started to break out of the holes, leaving no threads to screw back into.

Unless you need to, I’d just clean up the rust marks and ride them as they are.

Nice, but be VERY careful if you are removing any pins. The threads will be extremely brittle after this amount of time. I’d to chuck a pair as the pins started to break out of the holes, leaving no threads to screw back into.

Unless you need to, I’d just clean up the rust marks and ride them as they are.
Thanks for the tip, I will not be removing the pins they have now been dismantled & sitting in a bath of Evapo-Rust. I am now trying to find a exploded view of the pedals to make sure all the bits are there, which I don't feel there is. I have for each pedal 1 end cap, I nut, 1 Axle & 1 seal, does anyone know ?.

Back