Pace RC200 F8 Complete bike in near Mint Sauce condition!!

kewbabe

Retro Newbie
This beautiful steed was taken on just one ride from new by the original owner and then, after a few components were removed for use on other bikes, it was stored in his loft for more than a decade (which should really be a criminal offence, of course) until I snapped it up around a month ago and rebuilt it with some new and nearly-new parts.

Although it’s about 95 per cent original out of the shop, this is not a completely purist retro build, so don’t beat me up for choosing a more contemporary chainset and seatpost – I chose them because they’re better quality and lighter than what would have been on there originally, and because I was intending to ride it like a banshee rather than put it in a glass case. But…if you’re a real retro purist and you’d like to use an older chainset that’s more in keeping with its vintage, then I will gladly include the original Shimano XT (ES-70) splined bottom bracket that the bike originally came with.

This is an extremely reluctant sale because the frame size (20.5 inches) is a bit too big for me, and despite my attempts to make it fit by trying a shorter stem, riser bars, stretching myself on a rack, etc., it’s just not going to work. I’m a fairly tall girl at 5ft 11 inches with a 34 inch inseam, but although the standover height and geometry from saddle to pedals is fine for me, the reach to the handlebars is just a bit too long. So I reckon this would suit a male rider of 6ft 1 inch or taller.

The frame is in near mint, 99 per cent perfect condition, with no stone chips, scratches, or rub marks anywhere. The only thing that makes it 1 per cent less than perfect is a few barely noticeable oxidisation marks at the top of the drive side rear wishbone (see close-up pic). Apart from that, which I only mention for transparency, when you look at the frame it’s like you just stepped back in time 10 years.

Here are the tech specs:
All items listed are original (on the bike from new) except for items in bold which are new or nearly new from my build.

FRAME: Pace RC200 F8 (Size 20.5 inch / 52cm)

FORKS: Pace RC36 Pro Class 2 (80mm travel)
Coil suspension fork with rebound adjustment.
Carbon stanchions with double cast magnesium fork brace.

WHEELSET
Rims: Mavic X317 Disc (black)
Hubs: Hope 32-hole 6-bolt disc hub (black)
QR Skewers: Hope (no model number shown)
Spokes: DT Swiss double-butted stainless steel
Tires: Continental Explorer Pro 26 x 2.1
Tubes: Presta valve

BRAKESET (Fully overhauled and working perfectly)
Calipers: Hope Mini (hydraulic)
Levers: Hope (no model number shown)
Rotors: Hope 180mm
Cleaned, bled and upgraded with genuine Hope parts:
Hope Mini phenolic pistons
Hope Mini sintered pads and springs
Hope Mini diaphragms

DRIVETRAIN
Front mech: Shimano Deore LX (FD-M571)
Shifters: Shimano Deore LX 9-speed (SL-M570)
Rear mech: Shimano Deore XT (RD-M739) Long cage
Jockey wheels: KCNC 10T (red)
Rear cassette: Shimano HG-50 9-speed (11-32)
Chain: KMC 9-speed (X9.73)
Chain rings: Shimano SG-X 44/32/22 (black)
Crank arms: Shimano XT Hollowtech II (FC-M762) 175mm (graphite grey)
Bottom bracket: Shimano XT Hollowtech II

HEADSET: FSA Orbit 1 1/8th inch
STEM: Bontrager (135mm length / 25.4mm clamp / 40 degree rise (approx.)
BARS: Easton EA50 XG (25.4mm diameter / 535mm width)
GRIPS: Yeti soft rubber
SEATPOST: Easton EA70 CNT Carbon Composite (29.4mm diameter / 300mm length)

FRAME DIMENSIONS
Standover height: 80cm / 31.5 inches (where seat tube meets top tube)
Top tube length: 57cm / 22.5 inches
Seat tube length: 52cm / 20.5 inches (from top tube to centre of BB)
Down tube length: 65cm / 25.5 inches (from headset to centre of BB)
Bottom bracket height from ground: 30.5cm / 12 inches

Please note the saddle and pedals are not included, as these are specific to me (it’s a women-specific saddle) and it’s likely that any serious rider of this bike will have their own preference for both saddle and pedals anyway.

I’m leaving it up here for you retrobiker darlings at £1,150 for one week only as I’d like it to go to a good home, but if it doesn’t sell by next Sunday (5th June) it’ll have to go on eBay at £1,250 to cover the auction charges.

I’d prefer collection from my address in Oxford, but if you live too far away to collect then I would be prepared to ship within the UK using Paisley Freight. £21.50 without insurance or £51.50 including insurance up to £1,000. (I’ve used them before for bikes and they were ok.)

PM with your email address and I'll send you 6 more pics.

First lucky one to PM/text/call me with a definite yes gets the bike + a free chicken. 07910 648846

Attachments

• Pace08.jpg
    Pace08.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2,640
  • Pace09.jpg
    Pace09.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 2,640
  • Pace06.jpg
    Pace06.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 2,640
  • Pace01.jpg
    Pace01.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 2,640
azaro - As stated, price includes bike + 1 chicken. They're about a week away from being ready for the pot. Yummy! - that's yummy bike + yummy chicken.

matthew71 - The listing does warn you this isn't for retro purists, so save your bemoaning please. It would take very little for a purist to change it back into a museum piece, but that's not what I built it for.

By the way, I also have the original Shimano jockey wheels, so if you don't like the (infinitely better!) red KCNC ones then the originals will come with the bike.

pace

the site is called retrobike,that what we have on here.and basically you joined the forum to try and sell it.no other reason.so you have to expect comments

Don't get me wrong matthew71 - of course good and bad comments expected and welcomed. My reply to your post was written with good spirits ya know. I actually originally joined retrobike to post a wanted ad for some bar ends to go with this bike, fully expecting that I'd be on this forum loads in the future, so I do have a genuine interest. It's just a shame the retro geometry of the Pace hasn't worked out for me. But saying I'm just using the forum to sell is an assumption coz I'm a newbie - not the case at all. :?

As this is a for sale thread please refrain from comments on pricing (as per the forum rules) and originality, if it was in the readers rides thread it would be a different matter

'Tis a beauty for sure and if I had the money to my hand I would have bitten your hand off (and taken the chicken provided it was a hen; don't need any more bloody cockerels). :)

Good luck with the sale; lovely time-warp condition bike.

Thanks for the comments BarneyRubble.

For any interested parties...auction ending on the bay this Sunday eve with reserve lowered to £845.

Back