Pace rc 100 frame rc 35 forks buylls eye chainset and parts

crash victim

Devout Dirtbag
I have a pace rc 100 frame, 1989 frame number RC0120, with a rc35 fork that need elastomers

Magura brakes

XT rear mech with an XT front mech with a strange band on adaptor.

Bulls eye chainset im not sure if all parts are there but i am trying to find out

A set of wheels, cheap shimano 7 speed hubs 36 hole in Campagnolo rims.

Not sure if to keep or sell, any idea of what its worth?

The fact it's complete is a real plus point and an early one with the band on front mech

Odd little things really effect the value
1. Does it have the 1 piece Stem/Steerer
2. Are the hose guides in place on the top tube
3. Paint condition, corrosion...obviously Cracks around base of seat tube, frame size
4. BB bearing condition...play, lumpy

Pop a photo up, but if all above is good you might get as much as £1000

Re:

Okay...
Not complete but a nice project for someone

Firstly, stem/steerer is missing, a bit if a negative as is the broken hose guides and missing headset, obviously bars and shifters but these can be sourced

Bullseye crank, non drive looks to have a hole through it? any play in the bearings? Looks like a stuck pedal too?

On a plus the frame, paint and decals are generally good, nice early frame number and front mech mounting, brakes are all there, looks like hubs have been replaced at some point, shame it's not the original Pace hubs

Just need to find someone looking for a project, or even better 2 people ;)

bearing in bb spin well and i havnt tried to preload lh crank so no idea if there will be any play but as it is there is a tiny bit of play, pedals spin well, the lh crank had a hole drilled trough it by previous owner who put a pin in it. but this can be spot welded and ground back when cranks are repainted. The hose guides are broken i had spoken to my mate with a 3d printer he said he could knock some up. Yes hubs are 7 speed low range shimano one and i do have 7 speed shifters later spec again that came with the bike. I asume who ever had it before decided they wanted to go for a standard aheadset and stem hence removing the original.

looks like it may turn into a project, boss is going to 3d print some hose guides on his new 3d printer, peddles have come out of the cranks without any issues, and going to start looking for some parts in the garage. I'm not to fussed if its totally period correct but would like to ride it before I let go of it.

Back