P20 WIP

02gf74":3c0n6f61 said:
That a short head tube try stacking spacers under stem..

Unless of course its perfect for him like it is?

I like this. Its a shame you found it didn't handle well with the original fork, it looks very cool.

What gear ratio you runnin?

Still working on the ergonomics but it's feeling much better, as in not too low on the front end and a good reach to the bars.

The 2 pics I recently posted show different number of spacers under the stem. I started with one 1/2", then moved the stem up another 1/2" spacer and it's feeling better. Of course i've only been able to "ride" a very short distance because of the snowy trails so the current setup is still preliminary but so far so good.

I believe the gearing is 32x20, or something like that, I run 34x17 on my 26" Indy Fab and it seems to be good for my local trails. Once again i'm planning on running this bike with a few gears to keep up on the flats.

Next step is to cut the steerer tube down and put on the alternate wheelset.

Nice shots Derrick! That is going to be a prized piece for a long time. A simple spartan set up will do it justice. BTW The Crazy Pete made it to Canada, a member here bought it shipped it and is now selling it (in the box) on Pinkbike. Can you please add some shots of the IRD with maybe some specs.

JK, thank you for the compliments. Crazy that the Pete is bouncing around, guess it's appropriate given the model's name. I was very close to picking up both Ritchey's but "settled" on the P-20, really glad I did!

The Interloc fork is really cool, wish I could use it on this project.

Attachments

• IRD1.jpg
    IRD1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 197
Minor update:

After trying a number of stem/bar setups I realized the frame is just a little too small for me to be comfortable on, soooooo it now resides as my sub-20lb singlespeed loaner.

Here are a couple of pics from yesterday. Fits my buddy great!

IF action thrown in just for kicks.

Attachments

• Chad.jpg
    Chad.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Chad1.jpg
    Chad1.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 120
  • D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 120
Back