Re: Re:

It will be great for mayhem :D

Hoping to make Surrey - so hopefully see you then - pm me when your going to the shop (i'm only half a mile down the road. Graham has two BFs in there at the moment and one more I spied in his garage!

Re:

Looks great, starting on mine soon & we should have a good number finished by the summer to have a cruise. Maybe past footys shop?

T

Re: Ozone (AKA BigFoot) Retro Spuds winter project

Looks good, nice to see Hope 3DV hubs in that condition too!

Re: Ozone (AKA BigFoot) Retro Spuds winter project

minor_LEGEND":3nei5nx3 said:
So cool now it's built.
Snowflake rear wheel though!!! Non-drive side maybe but both sides jeez. Does the rear wheel feel tight?

Love the bike though.

In for a penny in for pound... BITD I saw a few like this however that’s not to say they lasted any more than a few rides :shock:

TBH I'm never been a destroyer of wheels and since I built (bent the spokes myself) and just had the front rim trued up at the local bike shop ....it was a learning curve that I wanted to repeat.
Would never have been so bold with some period Ringle hubs I can tell yah, but since Pulstars are relatively cheap and not highly desirable I was up for testing the water, and whilst I love this bike its not as if I've got Giom6's Dave Yates Vulcan and ripped it apart.

Just hope the rear wheel doesn't fold on me in the dark at 03:45 in the morning half way round my second lap of Mayhem this year :facepalm: you’re not the first in a very long line who've questioned my judgment. :LOL:

Sometimes following the path less traveled can be a rewarding.... and sometime it’s less traveled for a dam good reason,

Benders paradise :facepalm:

Attachments

• Snow Flake.jpg
    Snow Flake.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 874

Coleman":vxy6dbvo said:
It will be great for mayhem :D

Hoping to make Surrey - so hopefully see you then - pm me when your going to the shop (i'm only half a mile down the road. Graham has two BFs in there at the moment and one more I spied in his garage!

Great would be good to see you and Daz again.

Will defo drop you a PM before visiting Grahams place.

Tc":vxy6dbvo said:
Looks great, starting on mine soon & we should have a good number finished by the summer to have a cruise. Maybe past footys shop?

T

Thats would be so sad I like it :LOL: Although I can't see NeilM ever turning up as the
3dv Anno fest has obviously left him to cold to post :LOL: let alone stand next to it lol

Anyway
should we all get down on our knees outside Grahams Establishment and worship Wayne and Garth esque :LOL:

what a film that was... 1992/3 = Happy days

Attachments

• we're_not_worthy.png
    we're_not_worthy.png
    61 KB · Views: 876

Rampage":kwrkusov said:
Looks good, nice to see Hope 3DV hubs in that condition too!

Once de-greased they came up mint, just like the Pace forks

Shamed to say I flipped the lot on ebay thought to pay for the build, :?

redfern1950s":kwrkusov said:
Hi Nick...

Very nice.. i bet its a blast to ride :cool:

I sure did enjoy my first ride out on it at Round 1 of the RB national rides (Long Mynd)
the forks were so firm it felt almost like a rigid and I could claim the shorter wheel base helped on the climb....
however my mediocre riding skills/fitness nolonger stretch as far as to be able to identify such finesse ;)

As I get get older it's becoming more about enjoying the journey and the people you meet on your way rather than reaching the top or the bottom as fast as possible,

but yes its a nice ride.

Me in second place !

Attachments

• from long mynd.jpg
    from long mynd.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 875
  • P1010636_zps6e4149d9.jpg
    P1010636_zps6e4149d9.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 875
Re:

That looks mint,love the purple,and the Manitou's look perfect.
Nothing wrong with not following the crowd.

Re:

I dropped in to Slam69 in Gloucester over the weekend to collect my old Kona thats was in there for a bit of surgery, so took the Ozone to meet its maker .. aka Graham Foot and whilst there have a headset fitted,

Since it was a special occasion I couldn't resist dropping on my NOS Flite Evolution carbon saddle to dress it up a tad ;)

Got to say the big fella (and he's f'ing tall) dwarfed my Ozone, was genuinely pleased to see his work still being appreciated and most importantly still hitting the trails if fact he was so pleased he asked if he take a few snaps of it :shock: Naturally I agreed, provided of course he was in at least one ;)

Not every day your bike gets to meet its maker ...and your happy about it :LOL:

Attachments

• ozone in gods shop.jpg
    ozone in gods shop.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 819
  • the man himself.jpg
    the man himself.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 819
Re:

Very cool thread mate. Lot's of nice history in there. Nothing at all wrong with the purple. Excellent bike and giving me direction for my newly acquired e-stay. Ride on!

Back