OWMTBC 2010 in North Wales this September - thoughts please!

Tell us what you are thinking about the second OWMTBC event...

• OWMTBC - what's all that about then??

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I went to the first one, I'll definitely go to the second!

• I don't think I have the right bike...

• I'm not a racer so it's not for me...

• I can't afford the time...

• I don't have any money left...

• It's too far to travel

• You could talk me round, I suppose...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy_Rider":3tmgg5xp said:
Is it a suitable WAG event? Mrs E_R may want to join too :D

My OH came with me to Holland last year and Team Poland came as a family. Last year there were general bike rides in the area as well as the main event and some fun bike related activities as well. Should be a fun weekend again this year!

We have booked into a nearby campsite as the bunkhouse accomodation on offer is not our thing - The site we are staying on is called Riverside Touring park - seems to be mainly a caravan park but also has a number of tent pitches according to the literature.

I also know of one ot two others who will be staying in other accomodation in the area.

checked the directions today and it is only 250 miles for me , much better to what i thought .

From Tuesday to Thursday after the event I plan to stay on UK soil to see what everybody is up to overthere :cool: Where should I go to?

I am with car. I have a tenth with me, but I could also go bed & breakfast. I would like to see nature and culture and it could be done per bike, as of course I do have it with me.

I am really looking forward.

Depends how far you want to travel- we live near the Forest of Dean on the border with Wales - it's a nice cycling area but about 3 hours drive from North Wales. You are welcome to stay a night or two with us after the event if you like.

The cities of Gloucester Cheltenham and Hereford are nearby as well. Other Dutch visitors to our house have visited Stratford on Avon, Warwick Castle and lots more besides by driving.

Retrobikewise ededwards lives just a few miles away!

Thank you for the kind offer. On Monday I will travel from Manchester to London and will be back in Manchester later that day. From Tuesday on I will intending to go somewhere. My starting point is Manchester than. I see Forest of Dean is 235km. The option of going there and meeting up with you and Ed is well worth considering, especially given it is a nice area. However it is not on the route to the boat. That is another consideration. The boat leaves from Hull on Friday evening. 3-4 days should be enough for a 2x 235km extra travel however, I would think.

Another option could possibly go to the north, to Lake District, but I face also making many miles than me thinks.

Moreover the area need to be bike friendly to some extend. I hope to make quite some miles, most on road. I have been told England has excellent cycling paths and very biker friendly drivers, so that should not be a problem :LOL:

Up to you Elev- wonderful small roads which are fantastic for road cycling in our area and there's great off road in Forest of Dean as well so you could take your pick - you decide- no pressure this end - offer of a place to stay is there if you would like it!

I post it here:
My bike is ready to journey to UK
paka.JPG

Now I have to carry by myself ;-)
See You soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back