Overpriced Magic tyres!

damn , missed 'em. . .
Not so silly when you consider white porcs. . .
and that makes £26 each. . about what a modern decent tyre costs. You can't get these any more. ..

tintin40":37984uzs said:
true modern are same or more but i hate white tyres :LOL:
Ah, but you can't let personal opinions regarding taste affect market value.
I don't like Audis, but a new one for £10 k is cheap regarless of weather I liek em or not. And like it or not, "light" tyres are retro hard currency. ..

hmmm... 52 GBP isn't that much to much I think. I saw the listing and remember the same tires were listed with some close up pics on which you could see that they are dry and cracked at the sides. But for a cheap-ish retro build they are OK.., I reckon..

I paid about 100GBP for a set. Thanks to Slow6 it was with the shipping cost included :D . Maybe not a real bargain, but these are not that easy to find in NOS... so I think they are worth 50 each when they are new.

But...eh... what IS a reasonable price for vintage tires ? Anybody has a list ?

I've seen white porc's change from owner for about 250GBP a set. I think that's ridiculous, but OK when people want to pay that amount of money.

mvd1974":656j5g16 said:
50 each when they are new

That's a good point. I was going to sell the last pair before I realized what a set of decent tyres from the LBS would set me back, about what I'd get selling the Magics.
They ride pretty well and so far they seem to be wearing well and I'm being pretty rough with them. Lots of dry rocky scrub down here and they love it.
Are the smoke/dart/magic's the only white tyres that performed ok? I have numerous cries of horror on this site over white Porcs.. what were wild grippers like? My old Rockhopper came with a black one but it was far too shot to ride on.

white/cream/orange retro tyres are cool.

I have a set of these, no cracking, barely worn, that I would be willing to part with.

I also have the matching panaracer handlebar grips :)

Back