Overbury nice white and orange 1990?

I think you hit a good nerve there Carl.

In 94, when I built my Zaskar, I did not know about Overbury's at all, and I lived 15 miles from Bristol and worked in the city. Those 'in the know' knew who they were, but because of Overbury's position in the market, those buyers with the money preferred to give their business to Roberts, Yates, et al.

I like this bike; I like the look, colour and style and I hope it ends up in a good home...... Nick. :twisted:

NeilM":3iaqhpon said:
I think you hit a good nerve there Carl.

In 94, when I built my Zaskar, I did not know about Overbury's at all, and I lived 15 miles from Bristol and worked in the city. Those 'in the know' knew who they were, but because of Overbury's position in the market, those buyers with the money preferred to give their business to Roberts, Yates, et al.

I like this bike; I like the look, colour and style and I hope it ends up in a good home...... Nick. :twisted:

for me from the outset here in the early 80s Overburys were everywhere, good adverts, good press, good race presence, some great reviews, Man V horse etc.... Come the 90s and the Advent of the the far east movement coupled with massive marketing in an rapidly growing market and foreign imports increasing through small importers as well as importers hitting the uk with the big brand names like carratti with far east G.T imports, all helped the catalyst to be honest.

hardly surprising where Andy.P. ended up, and why so grumpy.

Contrary to the saying, Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all..... :cry:

The History Man":i6p9pct7 said:
If you love something...........

Overbury's forever. Black ring came! Drink!

Now do you see why I cringe so much sometimes.... :oops:

I have no shame. Is the paint thin on this one too? Looks better.

My apologies. Merlot and Burgundy.

NeilM":1mxvmmyk said:
sinnerman":1mxvmmyk said:
Now do you see why I cringe so much sometimes.... :oops:

You can cringe from afar, I get to ride with the silly sausage. :mrgreen:

Hes all good mate, hes in capable hands.

In the words of a timeless classic 90s music track....."Candi Staton"

You got the Love he needs to see him through...... :cool:

Listen to the Track....., Seriously, its how he makes me feel with his bikes sometimes,...... :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N87qW9_r_aA

sinnerman":1gtgyxil said:
Seriously, its how he makes me feel with his bikes sometimes

Don't worry, he's getting there.

Just wait for the next one, I genuinely expect a real corker. ;)

Back