OS Blackbuck

Re:

All done - The best frame I have ridden to date. It leaves you grinning from ear to ear. :cool:

1F1951F2-533F-4D2C-949E-7E7E37809DCF_zpso4qeqsym.jpg

7EFB39E7-8848-45EF-8470-A3FD7784E88C_zpsl3sqe61s.jpg

F8774FEB-E198-404B-8DFB-391DC4034B86_zps9rntnvmx.jpg

firedfromthecircus":3cqo7vwc said:
Very nice. :cool: Shame the last photo (and the one you stuck up in the single speed thread) don't do it justice. ;)

You shouldn't have any problems with the avid levers, but you can always get Pauls if you stay with the cable discs. While we talk about cable discs Yokozuna cables make a big difference to how these brakes feel. Proper beefy. :D

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/yokozuna-reaction-cable-system/

There's pictures earlier in the thread to do it justice ;)

Re:

A08A006F-571E-498A-8836-0AF9A6AAD24D_zpscdympknm.jpg

A few changes to the Blackbuck. Downgrade parts so it can become my T4 Campervan bike.

Flite saddle replaced with a rough Red one.
Wheels replaced with XT and Stans rims
Allen key lock QRs
Jones bar (not sure about these?) Comfortable - but just look strange!

hmm understand the motive, but liked the original build a lot better

As for the Jones Bar, I've ridden them on a number of bikes. Always happy using them, but found that they really came into it when they went on a Jones frame. The Jones frame is short in the TT compared to my usual bike fitting. And that meant I really started using the forward hand positions.

So with the benefit of hindsight: setting them up with normal reach for the wide hand position for me the Jones is a comfortable high sweep bar, a bit heavy. If I set them up with a short reach then I really get the versatility inherent in the design. YMMV.

Enjoy!!

It will soon be morphing again - Wheels will be returning to Wynne - Thanks for the loan :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have sourced another 29er front wheel with red king hub and black spokes/rim. So I now have 2 full sets to mix it up ;) ;)

Back