Orange Zero For Sale - High spec

crempendo

Retro Newbie
For sale is my Orange Zero 26" Trials bike.

I've had the bike since 2002 and I was previously riding trials from 2001 - 2005, although in-between that time I was riding a different bike as well so the frame and forks weren't used for some of that time. I purchased the frame and forks brand new from Cyclogical in Dedington (near Banbury, Oxford). All Zero's were hand built to order, not in batch. The Orange Missile frame is very simillar but the Zero being a smaller frame size. The frame itself is still in good condition, with the usual knocks and scratches here and there, which is what you can expect from a trials bike being in use for a couple of years. I've taken really good care of the bike since I got it. There are no signs whatsoever of cracking or stretch on the frame, although there is a scratch on the right stay on the inside of the crank chainring from one occasion where the chain had come stuck inside the chainring and needed pulling out.

I've taken the bike to many places over the country and I've competed in a handful of competitions and won a few also! Zero's were always very sought after, I rarely saw a Zero in the time I was riding. This has to be one of the last opportunities to own a piece of British engineering specifically designed for Biketrials. I've heard of people using the frame as a dirt jump / freeride frame as of the strength and comfortable size, so buyers could well keep that in mind.

Here's the spec:
Orange Zero Frame in Silver.
Orange zero forks.
Full Koxx pro front wheel (32 hole).
Rear ceramic Mavic D521, Hope Bulb hub with trials upgrade freewheel. (36 hole).
Brisa Bar and Stem.
Middleburn RS7 Pro-Trials crankset.
Shimano XT bottom bracket (Also have one spare).
DMR V8 Pedals. (Pedals are pretty worn down, just to give a heads up)
Front Hope 'Wavey' Hydraulic Disc brake. (This needs re-bleeding however it still works fine).
Rear Magura HS33 Hydraulic rim brake with custom made 'Kule' brace stiffener and imported brake pads from U.S. (Brake pads on the bike at the moment are magura greys, wet condition. The pads as described are for dry conditions and I'm pretty sure are unavailable to buy now. They're made of a yellow rubber type compound and incredibly sticky and seem to not wear down).
Shimano XC rear shifter linked with shimano Tiagra derailleur, custom selected 7 speed 'road' cassette. The chain on the bike was just put on there so I could get to work and back in my old job for a few months. I've also got a simple sadle and seat post that I will throw in with the deal).
I also have a single speed cassette ring with spacers that I will give, I've noticed that is the new trend in 26" riding now, it's a good way to save weight.

Loads of spares including a Shimano XT bottom bracket, Avid v-brakes front and rear, plus many more bits and pieces including tires, spare set of magura hs33's, tools, lubricants and oils etc.

If you have any questions or would like to see more pictures please email me directly crempendo@hotmail.co.uk

£370 or nearest offer.

Pick up only - Oxford UK.

Thanks! Richard.

60359_10150278870070451_521315450_15001879_5029062_n.jpg

60359_10150278870080451_521315450_15001881_2776271_n.jpg

60359_10150278870075451_521315450_15001880_6731294_n.jpg

Back