Orange X2 - New Full Suspension Project!

lincs90smtb

Raleigh Fan
Morning!

A slight deviation from my usual Raleigh bikes, is this 1998 Orange X2 frame I have bought.

A tidy thing that I believe are a little bit Marmite for some, but i've always fancied one since they were released.

Im going for modern drive train with this, so expect plenty of updates soon!

!!.jpg

After much deliberation, I've finally decided on what direction to go with this build.

I've bought some Pace RC36 EVO forks, and im going to go for a slightly modern drive train, just for something different.

9 Speed XT, 1x conversion.

!!sw.jpg

Nice.
I love the look of the ST4 as well, but have never fancied any of the 5’s or similar varieties.

Having only ridden hard tails in the past I love my X1 but will be interested to know what you think of your X2 when built

I remember quite fancying one of these when they were new. Ended up with an X1 which was comfortably the worst bike I have owned. It got stolen and I thought that was the end of it but no, the police recovered it and the thieves 😒

Police: "here's your bike back"
Me: 'yay...'

we had one in i did up with stratos shock and it was a fun bike and bunnyhopped like a gazelle on heat if you pre loaded the rear end

Got to love the concept of Orange sitting there one dank afternoon in the arse end of winter thinking about cutting and shutting a P7 into their first full susser 🤣😂

Back