orange Vit T2 £300 BIN 'crack warning'

beenatitforyears":k5tduosf said:
Well, took the plunge and bought it. Once I get my hands on it will add the restoration and repair to the site. Could be a challenge I think.

No1 priority is the stay and we're all dying to know if its a crack or a scratch.
I wish you the best of luck :cool:

If not 3 jubilee clips should sort it.

So the frame arrived today and its definitely a crack. What the seller didn't say is that it also had a crack on the inside of the stay. The bolts have sheered in the seat tube and the down tube bosses have broken away from the frame. The bike appears to be very original but very uncered for.

Not sure if I can save the frame but if I can I will post it on here, probably in the new year though. This one will be a challenge.

Yes. The seller was either dishonest or stupid as the additional defects are pretty obvious. I have recontacted him and he just says he didn't know it was like that.

You pay your money, you take your chance. Let's hope I can make it live again.

Re:

sorry to hear this, hopefully you can get it ride worthy, the seller cant surely be that naive to not to notice these defects, i know ignorance is bliss, but I have my doubts on his integrity!

Re:

cant see any problems here really, my vit t2 had a crack, had it welded buy a friend who also welded another Vit T on here and both are going strong with no problems.

mines been thrashed around thetford in bomb holes etc.

bloody nice frameset to ride.

All the best.

Back