Orange P7 Refurb project

I've got a P7 project at the moment and I've gone for the re-plating option. Haven't got the bill yet but expecting it to be about £200 so expensive but for me the nickel plated finish is iconic

Mine came up a treat - strip the lacquer off, polish it up and get it re-lacquered.

Before & aft...

P1060364.jpg

P1070037.jpg

Plenty of elbow grease needed. The cost of re-plating would have been far too expensive, but I would have powdercoated it black for my second option.

That's a work of art. Really smart. I think I'll have to accept that I wont have the time to put the effort into getting that quality of finish and for £50.00 I think getting it sprayed would do a better job.

Colour is still an issue grey, matt black or white. Gut feeling is Black

I'm on the lookout for some nice period forks. Any recommendations with an approx price of £60 or less?

Hi,

I have just taken the frame to Colourcote in Norwich next door to the Lotus factory for a re-spray. I am going with a powder coated semi gloss black which I think will look sweet with Orange decals.

Can someone confirm that this frame needs 1" forks as I gave them a quick measure and thats what I measured them to be but they seem as rare as rocking horse shit to get hold of as most seem to be 1 1/8th

Cheers

You dont always have to play exact retro ball... here is my 2003 with 2010 stickers.

Had the brake mounts done in black to fit the finish.

P7WF1.jpg

P7W1.jpg

And she's back from the powder coaters and looking sweet.

Attachments

• Respray 2.jpg
    Respray 2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 495
  • Respray.jpg
    Respray.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 495
Back