Orange P7 bent dropout -- salvageable?

Thanks all for your suggestions. Turns out it was just the mech hanger blocking the wheel, but in the end I managed to use a method (coincidentally outlined just after) which I came across online somewhere -- thread in a QR rear wheel and use as a lever to align the wheels and straighten the mech hanger. I didn't heat it though, which maybe I should have, as some of the plating seems to have chipped. Hopefully hasn't affected the integrity of it though. Looks straight enough for now but may need some adjustment down the line. Cheers all!

Orange P7_mech hanger.jpg

IMHO, using a wrench on a bent hanger, should only be done if absolutely necessary to get you home.....I have owned a Park Tool DAG 2.2 for several years and have used it many times and only broke 1 hanger and its surprising just how many people ride with bent hangers, as people often think it’s the derailleur that’s bent, not the hanger. If the expense is too much to buy one for yourself, then why not share the cost with other riders / mates local to your area, as it’s a tool well worth the investment.....just my opinion.....

Cheers everyone for the really helpful suggestions -- glad to hear it's not as bad as I thought! I will try out a couple of the more DIY methods suggested on the mech hanger first and then go from there. Keep you posted!
Do it on a good LBS that has an experienced wrench and good tools.

Back