Orange Five Pro 29- Large Frame - Mint Condition

benjpearce

Retro Newbie
Orange Five Pro 29- Large Frame - Mint Condition

I bought this bike direct from Orange in 2014. I am fortunate enough to know most of the guys who work there very well so know I got kitted out with a great bike. Firstly, reason for sale is that I popped a disc in my back at the end of 2013. I naively thought that MTB’ing would help strengthen things up. Sadly, 4rsing down hills and bouncing around did the exact opposite and actually made things worse! So, this bike has basically sat around doing nothing for the last few months.

For those of you who know their Oranges, you’ll know that this model (the Five 29’er) only saw active service for a few months between 2013 and 2014. The reason behind this was that Orange decided to keep the ‘Five’ brand independent given the fact that this is their flagship product. What you’ll find is that this bike evolved into what was the Segment, all bar a few very minor differences. If you swapped the Five 29 sticker for a Segment one, you’re pretty much there and have the best part of a £4000 bike at the time. This is the Pro Spec as mentioned and I had a brand new Reverb post dropper fitted when I took delivery. It has seen virtually no use, which is a massive shame. I have just scoured the bike with a fine toothcomb and can find one tiny chip in the paintwork but it is basically un-noticable. £1500. Based near Hebden Bridge in West Yorkshire. 07879 400345. Thanks.

Can't seem to post a decent picture so here's a link to it on Instagram.

https://instagram.com/p/8DwV8DInNY/

Re:

The 5 29 became the Alpine 5, not the Segment. ;)

Either way they are great bikes. I have one and can highly recommend them and the price on this one seems very fair. Good luck with the sale.

Re:

You Sir, are bang on. I couldn't remember if it was the Alpine or the Segment. But thanks for that. You're also right that it's a great bike, really sad to see it go.

Back