Orange Clockwork Frame + Forks - £75 - Last Chance

World_Biker

Dirt Disciple
Orange Clockwork Frame + Forks + Extras from the early 1990s

The paintwork was done by 'Visions' (the firm sadly no longer exists) in Tadworth as part of a competition originally run by Mountain Biker Magazine. The frame & forks was featured in the May 1995 issue. An accompanying helmet was also sprayed up in the same design to match the frame. I will gladly include the magazine to whoever purchases the frame. If my memory serves me correctly, the frame was originally a pale gray with dark blue decals.

The paintwork in a combination of pearlescent orange and white. It still looks as good today as it did straight after it was painted. The only small negative is that the paint on the forks has reacted with the magnesium covering and has blistered / bubbled (see pic). This unfortunately started to happen a few months after the paintwork was completed. Otherwise, the paint is immaculate with the exception of a few small chips around the bottom bracket (see pics)

I'll try and offer a bit more info about what's on offer :

Orange Clockwork Frame - 19" : I have owned this from new. I think I purchased it in 1993 but I'm not 100% sure now.

Specialized Future Image Shocks : These may need servicing. I've noticed some excess fluid around the gators, however, this could be due to the fact that the frame has been stored on it's side for a long time.

Extras : Mavic 1" headset with Zoom stem (standard wedge-type headset). XT front mech and I believe an XT-equivalent bottom bracket (still turns smoothly). Otherwise a host of coloured anodised bolts to keep the weight down (was all the rage back then!)

I would prefer it if the buyer could collect the frame from me. I am based in Guildford. Please get in touch if this isn't a realistic option for you. I started with a much higher price on this but due to the lack of interest it was clear that this wasn't a realistic price. I have reduced it a few times and am now looking for £75.00. I hope that this is more realistic. If it doesn't go for this then it'll go back in the loft for another 10 years. You are, of course, welcome to make an offer. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Thank for taking the time to look....and happy riding!

Attachments

• Orange_10.JPG
    Orange_10.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,228
  • Orange_8.JPG
    Orange_8.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,228
  • Orange_6.JPG
    Orange_6.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,227
  • Orange_5.JPG
    Orange_5.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,231
  • Orange_4.JPG
    Orange_4.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,231
  • Orange_3.JPG
    Orange_3.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 1,231
  • Orange_2.JPG
    Orange_2.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,229
  • Orange_1.JPG
    Orange_1.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,229
Re: Orange Clockwork Frame + Forks (early 90s) Custom Paintwork

Nice

Nice shame about the forks

shame this is too big for me to add to the collection, I did pick up the helmet from you on Ebay, so be assured it's going to a good home ;)

Re:

@ Harrycrumb : Glad to hear. Have package the helmet up and will be sending it out tomorrow. Hope it reaches you safely.

Price reduced on the frame...

Back